How do you clean the interior rear windscreen? (NC)

I’ve got a hardtop NC and I’m really struggling to clean the inside of the rear windscreen. It’s gotten really dusty and somehow dirty in general, to the point where bright lights make it difficult to see out of. But I can’t seem to reach in there no matter what I try. I’ve tried lowering the roof halfway but that doesn’t really help. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hi d,

There is a contradiction in that you say you have a ‘hardtop’ and then you say ‘I’ve tried lowering the roof halfway’.

Either way you need to take out the wind blocker, slide the seats all the way forward and fold them forward. After that it is just a matter of ‘contortionism’ to get the job done.
:heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, I meant to say it’s the retracting hardtop, the PRHT. I’ll give your suggestion a go, thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You may find something like this Feather Duster Extendable Duster Telescopic Duster Microfibre Duster Washable Duster Damp Duster Dusting Brush Pole Cleaning Brush Interior Blinds Fan Cobweb Home Office Assorted Colour 1 Pcs : Amazon.co.uk: Grocery may help. Have a look in your local pound shop and see if they have something that can extend your reach without hurting yourself or your pocket.
:heart:

2 Likes

No i get that sentence. i have PRHT and i lower it half way. How my tint guy done the first cut. Micro fibre towel attached to a extender feather duster and i use panel wipe or rain x to create static layer. A air gun would also do it

3 Likes

I do the same as Mad_Malc suggested, using a lint free cloth and screen polish.

I know this isn’t the answer that you’re looking for but it is at least an honest one!

Question: how do you clean the rear screen on an NC
Answer: With Difficulty!

sad fact is there no hack for this!
using poles etc typically won’t get you the nice clear finish that you are looking for, they tend to leave smears due to lack of pressure.
so yeah just roll the seats forward and struggle! or roll the seats forward and pay someone else to struggle at the local hand car wash!, which is my preferred method!

Local hand car wash. :flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

Start to lower the roof.
Stop mid cycle or wherever you want by turning the ignition off.
Quite easy to get in there.
I have the Mazda polycarbonate wind blocker fitted and that never comes off.

1 Like