How much use do you get out of your mx5

Damn… I bought my NC with just over 75k miles, November 2021. Just checked how many miles is on the odometer today… 79650…

And its only end of January & all of it is weekend mileage :joy:

2 Likes

In a normal year around 5-6k miles, summertime see me putting more miles on the clock. Tours around the UK, Scotland, Wales, North Yorkshire or even down Dorset is the norm and plenty of days out around the Cotswolds for instance from our East Midlands base.
I bet since the end of 2019 we’ve not managed 6k miles in total, that’s about to change this year.:+1::open_mouth:

3 Likes

Normally 3K to 4K per annum in the NC depending on where we go on holiday, and about the same or a K more in the Mazda3.

But since Covid, only 340 and 411 in the NC! Filling up once a year, just before MOT…

It’s just not good enough’

Since Covid struck most of my time out of the house has either been in the garden or to hospitals for follow-ups etc or briefly blowing cobwebs out of the NC.

1 Like

We never did any great mileage in our NB, and Covid has certainly kicked the aspidistra out of ‘pleasure’ driving. But as the question has been asked, 2018: 534miles, 2019: 465 miles, 2021: 91 miles, so far, from last Septembers MoT: ziltch miles :frowning:
Desperately needing a loving home (the Icon NB, not me). Hopefully things will pick up this year in the ND, sur le continent or Scotland (is that the same thing)?

1 Like

Mine only does about 2000 a year max. But my daily does about 50k per year!

1 Like

I don’t really use mine to be honest, my driveway sees more action than I do lol

1 Like

About 4000 miles in nearly four years in my 2007 Z-Sport, last two Mot’s 450 a year !

1 Like

1000 miles since I bought it in December. No commuting and no daily action. Just out for drives. But my motorbike mileage has reduced :blush:

1 Like

."…how much use do you get out of your MX5…"…

…not nearly enough!!..got our last one 2.5 years ago and n ot hit 5k miles yet :frowning: …mainly due to covid and simply not travelling as planned…

2 Likes

amendment 79870 :joy:

you lot need to get out more

5 Likes

Bought mine 1.5 years ago on 51k, just hit 55k now :innocent:

1 Like

I was going to go for shopping today but… with clear sky’s who needs food… Just buy more fuel and feed the angry beast instead :joy:

2 Likes

My 96 was brought back in 2005, and used to be used for a 15,000 mile a year commute. Then a second car was brought in 2010 to give it a break (Alfa Romeo 147 JTDM). A change in job meant my 45 minute commute to Watford became a train commute to Hatton Garden, then Blackfriars. The Alfa was donated to my SIL, while brother was in Afghanistan. MY mother becoming a paraplegic in 2017 meant a second car was needed, and it was a tossup between a wheelchair accessible JDM Nissan Cube from Autolink or a V8 Jag. I would have gotten the Cube, but the test drive was so disappointing (not nearly as fun to drive as the looks suggested). The MX5 saw even less use, and then use plummeted in 2020. I think about 1000 miles a year, if I am lucky, but the car owes me nothing. All the welding was done in 2017, hood is alright, and it starts.

I have this idea of one day taking it over to Italy to see how my old M2-1002 Eunos Roadster is getting on, but events frequently conspire against that.

1500 miles since I bought it last September,mileage now reads 78,266.Every mile a smile!

3 Likes

Frightening - I’ve owned mine 5-6 years and its been driven 37 miles apparently, so say 45 max, and most of that is going to/from the MOT centre.

Didn’t realise how little I’d had a chance to drive it (and now it’s on SORN).

:astonished: really

Answer: as much as I can :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
My insurance has a 5K per annum limit. I get close {~ahem~} every year. :wink:

1 Like

It’s the only car I have access to, I do less miles for work now but personal mileage is as high as ever, so I still do over 8000 miles per year. The car has done over 50,000 in under 6 years with me at the helm.

Always take your MX-5 if you’re going somewhere new, you never know when a fun road might appear! Or the sun! Unless it’s somewhere suspected to be crappy, that’s when you make excuses to borrow SWMBOs car.

2 Likes

Our Z-Sport is not used enough mainly due to wife’s spinal condition and still awaiting an operation, 900 miles in the last two years. On trips out now we have to use our auto Vitara. Could raise it back to stock as lowered 40mm but cost involved and I don’t think it would be enough. Hanging on to it as long as I can but just a pretty ornament on the drive at the moment.

1 Like

i bought my mk1 about 8 years ago with just over 140k kilometers on the clock its now on 148k i defo need to drive it more but with 3 other cars in the que before it it will only be on nice summer days from now on