how to add pictures to adverts

Would someone please tell me how to upload pictures

I have managed to sort it thanks.

G’day mate Welcome to the forum–

This was written back in 2009 so the info is a bit dated but the principle is still valid 

https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=7994

On this subject of uploading photos to this site:  

Why, when one can upload an avatar picture direct from ones computer with little hassle (well, it did actually take me six goes to do it, but it worked in the end), does the uploading of any other photo, which perhaps is intended for inclusion in a normal posting, have to go through a third-party such as Photobucket (or whatever it’s called) ?

I suppose it’s just the way this site works, but it is annoying, and I’ve read numerous posts on this forum complaining about it.

Chris Phillips. 

I have the pictures in photobucket, but can’t get them in to a post.

PARDON ? !

I’ve recently posted some photos on this website via Photobucket (which I’ve been using for many years).
They have since been removed. I assume it’s been done by a moderator, or at least, they no longer appear, there’s a blank space instead.

If a moderator has done it, I’ve no idea why, because they were in no way offensive. Unless some are easily offended by photos of other cars.

The OC site does not store the photos, just their links in the posts; in your instance the photos were hosted by Photobucket.  If you move the photo being hosted on Photobucket to a different directory there, or take it off completely, then the link is no longer valid and the pic will no longer appear here in the post.

If a mod has moved/deleted the pics he should have sent you a PM as a courtesy.

Missing Photobucket pictures are nearly always because the poster has moved them within PB. Moving a pic in PB breaks the link to the forum picture

That makes sense Richard, thank you for explaining that.  I understand now, why pictures have to be hosted on another web site before one can include them on here.

Chris.  

As I said, chaps, I’ve been using Photobucket for many years and fully understand how to do so. I certainly know about the consequences of moving images from the place they were originally when the post was made.

Having said that, PB now seems to be so full of advert links that it has become extremely slow and clunky.

Paul, which was the thread with the deleted pics?

Have you tried ADblock. it’s good. since downloading a couple of years back I get no ads on there or youtube or anywhere else

+1 for Adblock but I now prefer to use uBlock Origin (FF and W7P)

noted for the future, thanks