How to attached photos to post?

can anyone assist How to insert photos on a post and they stay on… Very frustrating!

im using an iPad and just want to attach some photos from my iPad library

regards

ian 

The best method is to host the images you wish to post in Photobucket. Then copy the IMG code and paste that in your post.

[quote=MickAP]

If you want to try Photobucket then follow the how to below.

BTW they should have an app for your device, my works with my android phone.

It’s been mentioned before about how to post pictures in the message box on the forum.

I did a little how to before, here it is again, you need to use Photobucket to host/upload your pictures to. If you can do that the simple part is over, it really is easy peazy to get them on to here or any forum.

So once on Photobucket you will have a selection of your snaps, you then need to click on the picture of your choice and get it on the screen. Best to have two tabs/pages open, one of this forum with the reply box ready as if you are replying in a thread and the other tab/page of Photobucket displaying the picture you want to copy and paste.

Now at the RH side top of the page you have your picture on you will see a selection box something like the one in the image below

You click the fourth box down next to the wording IMG, it will glow yellow, that’s it you have copied it. Next you open or bring your page up and the message/reply box of this forum (or any other forum) and right click and paste the link you copied into the forum text/message box. All you do then is add your text (if any) then hit post or preview.

That’s a

Surely in this day and age there should be an easier way of posting photographs. Facebook and the rest of the social media networks make it easy. Why can’t posting images on the MX5 Owners Club be any different?

This forum works like many many others, it doesn’t host images which requires significant storage that does have a cost. The social media networks assume image rights over your uploads and have the advertising revenue to support the infrastructure and storage costs of hosting all that content.

Fair enough, I understand.

I see, is there any way that you could use google photos as a source for the images?

Is there any technical limitation to that?

I used to use google all the time for that purpose, when they had picasa web albums it was easy to extract a URL for the image, more recently with google photos I gave up trying to find a straightforward way to do this, if you find out please share.

I use ultraimg now as suggested by someone on here, simpler than the temperamental bucket in my opinion.

PostImage.  Easy, quick, simple - and free.  With obvious access to URLs.

Hey guys,

I’ve figure it out, it is simple really… Below is my test to proof it… :wink:

Well, you have to preview the desired image on Google Photos, and then inspect the page using one of the suggested browsers (Chrome or Firefox). Then find the image in the elements and copy it’s src attribute.

That attribute is the link you going to use. I hope it makes sense…

Enjoy!

I suspect you can see that picture? I get a grey no entry sign which could be permissions on who is allowed to see it.

Yes, I can see the image… My hope is lost now… I guess, the only way to make that work is either each user to have the permission or Google authorise the forum like it does with Twitter and Facebook…

I will stay alerted for this matter, I may find a solution…