How to Fit 4 Spare Wheels in your 5 (with Pictures)

There can’t be many 2 seater sports cars that can accommodate 4 spare wheels and all the gear you need for a track day.

I thought this post might help anyone who is considering a track day and is concerned about tyres.

So here goes.

Wheel 1 goes in the boot.

Wheel 2 is placed on the front seat as shown.

Wheel 3 is placed beside wheel 2 on the front seat

You can see that I have placed a cloth over the front of the tyres.

Now slide the front seat forward as far as it will go. The wheels should now be resting just on the dash board.

Now push the backrest of the front seat forward to hold the wheels securely against the dash.

Now slide wheel 3 behind the front seat as show.

Push it down to make sure its nice and secure.

There you have it.

On top of this I can also pack the following

Trolley Jack & Tools for the day

Compressor 

Stove & Kettle

Food for the day

Clothing & Crash Helmet

Two Man Tent.

So you see there is no excuse, Get out there and have some fun.

It’s amazing how much room there is in there really. In my MR2 I could only carry 3 spares and still get all the doors/boot shut. And that had two boots.

Record for the Elise is two wheels, and if they are rears you struggle getting 2nd gear…

Where does the wife go ?

Strapped down to the boot lid?

I’m impressed, I’ve loaded my car full with other things but wouldn’t have thought 4 wheels was possible! 

Does that mean Mother is out of the car completely!! Stick Tongue Out (of course nothing would stop me driving mine, think I might need to carry the water Smile)

That’s why it is so brilliant.

Excellent - well done Kev.

Haven’t tried the 3rd wheel behind the passenger seat in my Mk1 - will have to see if that can be done.

However I can confirm that you can’t fit a full size tyre in the boot of a Mk1, but you can get everything else on board (except the missus of course…)