How to play music from phone on NC2

Hi,

This feels like a stupid question and this may not be the right place for it!

I’m picking up my mx5 this weekend and just looking at getting everything I need ready before it arrives.

Does the NC2 with Bose head unit have a way to plug my andoird phone in to play music through? Ive looked around online and can’t seem to find a clear answer.

The plan is to replace the head unit within a month or so, so I’m just looking for a temporary solution until o get around to that.

1. My model of MX-5 is: __NC2
  2. I’m based near: __Hampshire
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __Playing audio from phone

Yes there’s an aux in down by the 12v outlet. You’ll need either a male to male 3.5mm jack or USBc/lightning to male 3.5mm jack etc depending on what phone you have. Them just select the aux function on the head unit.

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks very much! I’ll get on and get a cable.

I’ll send a pic when I get home of how I set mine up, rather than have a cable trailed around the cabin I tucked it under the centre console and came out in the cup holder, much neater and no chance of tangling on anything :+1:

1 Like

That would be great thanks! :+1:

Here you go. I could of tried to do something even neater but didn’t want to unnecessarily drill another hole when I could just tuck the cable round. :+1:

1 Like

Buy a Bluetooth receiver and plug this in to the aux socket for BT connectivity.
I’ve done something similar on my NC1 and it works a treat.