Howies Run (now with added quiz)-5th June 2011.

Meet up at Bradford-on-Avon station car park (BA15 1DF) for a 10:30am start, going over Cranborne Chase and West Wiltshire Downs into Dorset via Zig Zag Hill, to finally arrive at Compton Abbas airfield.

Would plan to join you for this run - unless we have visitors that weekendWink

Weather forecast looks good Cool so hope to be there!!

That brings the running total to 5 so far?

Apologies Howie - 'er indoors double booked us for the weekend so we can’t make the run on Sunday. I’m gutted as I was looking forward to it - sorry. See you Wednesday instead!!SadCry

Damn, your names are already on the trophy for winning the quiz…just joshing. See you on Wednesday.

Many thanks to those intrepid explorers who were not put off by the weather forecast and/or the en route quiz, sorry for the slight detour but it was a smashing run over parts of Wilts and Dorset some had never been before. Brian was looking forward to seeing the Badgers but it turned out to be the Badges at Fovant. A run down Zig Zag Hill was enjoyed by all and a finish at a wind swept Compton Abbas Airfield where the winners of the en route quiz were Peter and Margie.Waving

Thanks for arranging the run Howie. As you suggest some lovely scenery and a few surprises such as the ‘Badges’.
So pleased we didn’t let the early morning rain deter us…even if we did only get to Bradford at the last minute. Thanks again

Thanks Howie, really enjoyed the run, glad we weren’t put off by the rain too.

A very good route, especially Zig Zag Hill, will make sure I’m driving if we go that way again. Smile

Thank you for taking part, Zig Zag was very quiet today must have been the weather, sometimes it is nose to tail especially if the suns out.