HS Pendon Chuffers

Thanks Alan W for sorting this one.

Leaving from Henry Street meet worked well.

Great run through Oxfordshire countryside even if a bit wet but the Sun did come out

Great model railway museum, we were amazed at the detail of the exhibits, the time spent making

them doesn’t bear thinking about. Even the running commentaries were good.

Few pics attached

Happy Days

Alan & Jean P

Thanks Al.

Just a pity there was such a small turnout.

Perhaps I should only arrange runs on days that guarantee sun and dry roads.

YEP  Sunny day to be demanded !!  

But you know what it has been like since we bougt the new car rain,rain, rain!!  But as soon as we decided not to come what happened out came the sunshine

Sorry I couldn’t make it. Really wanted to go but work got in the way again. I’ll definitely be paying Pendon a visit soon though.

I’ve got a few old runs that I can resurrect over the next few months so I’ll see if I can find a free weekend to set one up.

Pendon is a fabulous museum. 

Not just for railway enthusiasts either - it is the best permanent model landscape exhibition in the country - perhaps the world.  Superb modelling detail which has to be seen to be believed.  One can literally spend hours checking out the sometimes minute detail in the numerous houses, farms, mills etc, and the amazing sweep of the landscape, the hills and fields, is simply stunning - and that is without even looking at the wonderful model trains !

Well worth a visit.