I might have to part with the Mazda so…

The leak at the top of the A pillar (they all do that sir) can be pretty severe but also fairly easy to fix 100%. It’s where there’s a junction in the drain tube and it comes unglued. Lots of videos on Youtube showing how to fix it.

Rear drain tubes get blocked (videos there too - handy to have a trombone brush like the ones MX5s need) and there can be water ingress around rear lights and centre brake light. All straightforward to fix on a nice sunny day!

I don’t understand the above statement,:thinking:

The roof of an EOS weighs quite a lot, and adds significantly to the strength of the car when it’s up and locked - so when you put the roof down, you notice added flex in the chassis, and the steering becomes lighter (as the weight of the roof is now above the rear wheels).

Never had either of those - but did have the other two EOS issues…

The boot catch eventually wears out, causing the soft close to stop working, and thus the roof. The soldering inside the rear LED lights also breaks, causing them to gradually fail.

Both very easy replacements though with parts cheaper that you would expect - but didn’t get done before I said goodbye to it.

As I said; Ford Focus CC. The roof is reliable, and robust, even when elderly driver tries to lower it in the garage, succeeding in smashing the rear screen. New screen fitted, nice dent in the roof, still lowered perfectly, never a leak. The rest of the car is regular Ford that any garage can service. They’re cheap.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.