If only all Main Dealers were such

The new Suzuki, with a heady 1,492 miles clocked since registered last July, suddendly developed an odd resonance/loud zizz out the nearside exhaust yesterday. Now, I was going to the front desk anyhow as some clot had dipped the front nearside apron somewhere…probably Tesco, and have the zizz looked at.

Anyway, John, the guy who we sold the Mx5 to in July and is in charge of bodywork and predelivery detailing, and the guy who applied Suzie’s Gen3 paint protection, happened to spot me toddling in, and followed me in. He asked if anything was wrong, and why was I ordering paint and lacquer? I told him what had happened and being hissed off at it was clear. Suffice to say he was really hissed off as well…but for me.
Upshot was he said “Give me your key Robin, go and have a coffee and biccys in the showroom and we will have a look at it.
Anyway, chewed the fat with the young guy who looked after my wife so well during her purchase, really lovely guy. Ex forces, tall good looking hunk and a right riot. Treated her like a a princess TBH.
In pops John about 45 minutes later…” Come and see the car"… Oh dear…OK.
Not had he only made the paint skiffs disappear ( it had laid paint on …not taken mine off…but he and his team washed, waxed, and dress the alloys & tyres pus hoover the inside till it was just like Handover Day.

Insisted I got him a weekend slab of beer, and was told in no uncertain terms it was not on after the way my wife and I took care of his lad when he bought her 5…which is giving the family a lot of great fun-runs. and being smothered in good care. Wife could not believe Suzy when I parked outside.
Great folk at Ian Grieve in Falkirk Best I’ve ever dealt with. They look after their clients people. Family run 3rd generation. He said to me to just drop by anytime and he’d get the team onto any niggly paint chips or whatever…unbelievable.

11 Likes

Glad to hear you are being well looked after in return for all the hard work you obvs put into looking after your MX-5.

1 Like