***IMPORTANT UPDATE***Drive in The New Forest & Lunch at Old Beams, Ibsley: Sunday 7th April 2024

Hi Everyone,

Apologies for the delay in informing you of the details for this event but due to the very popular demand the vent sold out so quicly that we could not post the details in time to get to you all. So, we have been watching for the release of more tickets, in the hope we could attend this event on Sunday 7th April but even at this late stage it appears the additional parking area are in jeopardy, due to the unseasonably wet weather the UK and Silverstone in particular, has experienced of late.

Please see screen grab below from the Silvestone Ticket Sales Website explaining that they have suspended ticket sales, for those who do not already have a parking pass :anguished:

To avoid cancelling the Sunday Drive altogether, we have had a think and quickly organised a drive through the New Forest to Old Beams, Ibsley for Lunch at 12:30.

For full details, to save any confusion with this Japfest post, we have posted the new Drive to Old Beams Seperately, in the MX5OC Calendar at: Solent Area: ***Change of Drive and venue** - A drive and visit to Old Beams Inn, Ibsley, in The New Forest on Sunday 7th April 2024 - MX-5 Owners Club

Best Regards

The Solent Team

Afternoon Mal,

Okey dokey, please put Angela and myself down for this Sunday run to the “Old Beams” please.

Cheers v much,

Ron & Angela :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

By way of an update, I have just had a Telecon with Simon (Manager) at Old Beams and he is very happy with our booking and has allocated us a seating area for our group, which is fantastic :+1:

Also, We can adjust the numbers up, as required and all I need to do is let him know and he will adjust the seating as necessary - so we are good to go, so keep those responses coming in on this thread and we look forward to seing you on the day :wink:

Best Regards

Team Solent

Hi Mal, please include Val and Bob for Sunday ride out.
Cheers
Bob

Hi Mal
Please include Val and Bob foot Sunday ride out
Regards
Bob

Can’t for the life of me get to reply on that link. I press reply, it wants me to download another app or continue in browser - I choose that & nothing!
Whoever designed the MX5 forum should resign, so clunky & un-user friendly😡
Anyway, after my rant, please add Lyn & myself, thanks!

1 Like

Please add me to the Sunday drive out to the old beams - Sunday 7th April, thanks, Christine Baird

Hi Mal
Unfortunately we have made other plans for Sunday so won’t be able to join you.
Hope you have a dry drive and a good Sunday lunch.

Richard and Clare.

Please add Daph and I to the list for the drive to Ibsley on Sunday 07 April
Thanks
Clive Barton

Hi Everyone,

Many thanks for the responses to date. I have jist updated the attendees list in the calrndar post accordingly👍

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal
Can you put Terry & I down, see you at Sutton Scotney
Di xx

1 Like

Just found this ? Drive first I’ve heard but sadly can’t make this one Gerry

Great news. I look forward to seeimg you both at Sutton Scotney. Mal xx

Hi Gerry,

Sorry you cannot make the sunday drive, as it would have been good to have you along.

Regards

Mal