Indecision’s

Nearly purchased a MK3 2.0 Sport NC soft top off here a few months ago but after a 300+ mile journey found it not to be quite up to scratch. No fault of the seller though but a wasted journey nonetheless.
I’m back on the hunt but have changed my search parameters to either a post 2010 NC model (MK 3.5) or even a MK 4. The thing is I seem to be in the minority and prefer the soft top rather than the PRHT. I think it’s because I owned a E89 Z4 and was paranoid about roof motor failure and the prospect of an expensive repair bill. Also I don’t need to park on the street so security/vandalism isn’t a huge concern.
The models I’m interested in are either a 25AE which I think is a MK3.75 and only comes with the PRHT? Or a MK4 Z sport which has the soft top. Both are similar values give or take £1k. What are the pros’s and cons of both these models?
If a NC 2.0 Recaro came up for sale though that would be the winner but these are rare I believe…

The 25th anniversary edition comes as a PRHT so does the Recaro NC. Yep rare seen the odd one for sale and a few 25th anniversary last year, they seem to hold their price. The PRHT is pretty reliable if looked after, keep the nuts tight and some lubrication is key.

I just happen to have this picture, my two favourite editions together earlier this year, the 25th and the Recaro, the white one is mine.:+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.