Indicators don't flash when locking - MK2.5

1. My model of MX-5 is: MK2.5 Arctic
  2. I’m based near: Cullompton, Devon
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: How to fix this problem.

Hi, I recently bought a 2005 MK2.5 Arctic Edition which I’ve been gradually upgrading to what I call an SVT+ to replace my old Nevada which I lost to the rust!

I’ve got my old key fob coded to the new car and the locks all work as they should but the indicators don’t flash like they used to on my Nevada.

I’ve checked the bonnet closed switch and that’s working as it should, the door switches seem to be ok as the central locking works and I replaced the boot latch with the micro switch and still no change.

I have noticed there’s no alarm light flashing on the dash but the only fuse I could find is ok.

If anyone’s got any ideas I’d really appreciate it!

TIA, Picture of my “Arctic SVT+” for attention!

1 Like

When you say that you’ve checked the bonnet switch, have you bent the bracket up to ensure that the bonnet is actually opening it?

1 Like

Yes, I’ve even held it closed with my thumb and then swapped it out with the one from my old car that worked.

Hhmmm. thinking emoji

For the indicators not to flash it’s not setting the alarm because the conditions aren’t correct (something open for example). I’d be checking each switch condition at the alarm module next. Have you got he PCM cover off?

What’s your VIN?

Assuming the 6th from last digit of the VIN is a 4…

At the theft-deterrent module which is next to the PCM in the passenger footwell, on the bigger of the 2 connectors you should be seeing:

Zero volts at the Green/Black wire with the bonnet open and 12 volts with it closed
12 volts at the Green wire with the left door unlocked and zero volts with it locked
12 volts at the Green/Orange wire with the boot closed and zero volts with it open
12 volt at the White/Red wire with both doors closed and zero volts with either door open
12 volts at the Blue wire (the one in the centre of the connector next to the lock tab) with the right door unlocked and zero volts with it locked
The other blue wire in the corner of the connector should switch between zero and 12 volts with the ignition key in or out of the ignition. Not sure on the exact operation of that, i.e. is it just key in and out or ignition on or off. I think the former.

It is a 4 yes.

Thank you very much I’ll get the meter out and do some testing!

Just re-read your first post. Have you added keyless entry to the Arctic or just registered your original transmitters to it? Do the lights flash if you lock the car with the key?

No it came with it I’ve just coded my fob to it.

And no it’s the same with the key too, no flash or arming of the alarm.

1 Like