Info for people using Saga Car Insurance

If you are buying the 3 year fixed price option watch out for the excess being increased on renewal. I noticed in the small print it had increased. When I rang to see how much, it had gone from £150-00 to £400-00. When I queried this they agreed to honour the £150-00 as part of the fixed price deal. The next problem is that their provider AXA only has a £400-00 excess. You therefore have to pay the £400-00 and claim the balance from Saga.

I have just had to make a claim for a scrape down the side of my car. What a Saga! Extremely longwinded and stressful. Plus you need IT skills. My wife said there is no way she could have made the claim. Over 6 hours on the phone, two aps / websites to log into, 15 uploaded photographs ( in two batches to different apps). So far over 12 txts / emails. Having described the incident in detail to two claim handlers I then had to fill in a detailed claim form. After all that still had to take to a approved repairer for a traditional estimate and and quote. Now approved and currently being repaired. Never got the option to choose my preferred (and cheaper) repairer. Next step obtaining the excess refund! Worth bearing in mind if considering using.

I noticed that 3 year fixed price offer a few years ago when they kept sending quotes at renewal time. I don’t know what they are like as they could never provide a reasonably priced quote so never used.
We are all different I know but they used to come out at one of the more expensive for me, at the time I thought so much for being of a certain age.:thinking:

I had Saga for house insurance after they offered a discount even though I was still in my fifties… The premium more or less doubled on renewal. And could I unsubscribe from their relentless mailshots?

I simply blocked them on my email-provider’s spam list.

I keep getting mail through from Saga, physically through the door. I don’t mind that it keeps the postman in a job​:grin: being an ex Royal Mail man too, my son still works for them.:+1:

We have house and contents and all three of our cars insured with SAGA and find the premiums competitive and the service good.
When my wife had an accident on the ice earlier this year our claim was handled quickly and efficiently.

Maybe it’s just me but I find these days no matter what the issue is it seems to be overly complicated [as poster described] as folk seek to contually justify their existence and costs :roll_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.