Insurance track days?

Hi all.

Anybody used or know of a good company for a days trackday insurance? If so rough price and excess agreed please? I appreciate venue differs on price.

Cheers

Ant

Ring Adrian Flux. About £50 to £70 depends on car value and excess you agree. Most are £1000 excess.

Insurance only usually covers recognised, fully marshalled locations.

1 Like

Most track days are run on basis that everyone is responsible for themselves whatever happens.

I not sure insurance is worth it unless you have a very high value car e.g. newish Porsche, Lamborghini etc.

Not sure an MX-5 is worth insuring unless it’s a new ND.

Track days are fun, but just like on the road, don’t take unnecessary risks and stay away from others especially if their driving is erratic.

Adrian Flux and Moris do quotes

Cheers. Adrian came out too high £165, but REIS was the best at the moment at £118 with 10% excess.

You can also try Performance Direct. They insure modded cars for road use and will do one off insurance for track days. My experience is that they are much more competitive than Adrian Flux.

1 Like

Hi.
I’m sorry we couldn’t offer a more competitive quotation but thanks for giving us a try.
Regards,
Dan.

1 Like

A plan do a combined road and trackday insurance. Thatcham branch is the one to call.

1 Like

Revived :sun_with_face: I’m with Keith Michaels plc for my policies and they offer track day or track weekend cover, it’s been a while but I’m sure I remember it being 60 for the day or 90 for the weekend At the time

1 Like