Interchangeability of drop links Mk1 Mk2

1. My model of MX-5 is: Eunos
  2. I’m based near: Scotland
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Drop links

So question I have, I am replacing the front lower wishbone on the Eunos.
Only wishbone available is a Mk2/2.5 version which is interchangeable with the Mk1 other than one lug/ bracket to secure the drop link as opposed to two on the Mk1.
I need a new drop link also. MX5 City say purchase a Mk2 drop link to fit which will obviously fit the Mk2 wishbone correctly, but I just want to make sure they are the same length as Mk1 droplinks otherwise I will have different length droplinks each side as I am not replacing the offside droplink, or wasn’t planning to.

Thanks

Yes, you will get away with that; just the mount that is different.
Have to say I personally would feel more comfortable with the same setup on both sides, particularly at the steering end but should be fine.
Whats the problem with your wishbone? Our eunos actually started clunking a bit and no real problems driving, so without a clear cause just carried on. We found at MOT time that the mounts on the o/s lower wishbone for the drop link had broken away, weakened with corrosion. As replacements in good order very hard to find, I just welded, fabricated replacement mounts on; a lot more tricky to do than I thought it would be to be completely honest.
The other option may be to change the mount on the MK2 wishbone to accommodate a MK1 droplink.