Interest for a trip to Belgium or Northern France?

I foolishly put myself forward to organise a trip to either Belgium or Northern France.

The visit would be over a long weekend (Friday - Sunday or Saturday - Monday) making 2 nights away.

The event would probably be in 2013, trying not to clash with major rallies or other events.

As one of my interests is the Great War 1914-1918 there would be a theme holding the events together - but I’m aware that not everyone shares my tastes so I wouldn’t be looking to have you tramp around battlefields for 3 days!

If we went to Belgium we’d base ourselves in Ieper, Brugge (Bruges) or one of the coastal resorts; if France it would be the area of the Somme with a base either in Amiens, Albert or St. Quentin. Hotels are available to suit all budgets.

There is a lot to see and do in either area, with some nice driving and I can also show those who have an interest some of the famous and not so famous sights of the First World War. These can be very thought provoking and very moving. Maybe some of you know that Grandad or Great Grandad fought in France or Flanders? If so, I can tailor a little part of the trip to reflect your interest.

Food & drink, particularly in Belgium is excellent.

So, at the moment I’m testing out numbers of people who might be interested.

Let me know.

Chris

Chris

Yes, we both would be interested in your idea.I Agree

Regards

Ray & Lesley

Hi Chris

As long as dates don’t clash with holidays already booked for 2013, a long weekend sounds good.

Please count us in.

Brian & Sally

This trip sounds great. I’ve just finished reading Birdsong and have almost finished Harry Patch’s book about his experience of the Great War. I’d love to visit some of the places I have read about. I bet it’d be very moving. I’ve picked up my new car today - a mk2 mx5, so count me in!

Adam

Yes, I am interested thsi for next year…

Stu

Well, 5 cars so far is not bad.

Fine wines, Belgian chocolates, trench warfare, empty roads, long sandy beaches.

That’s the stuff

C

If its next year on a weekend then we would be interested in coming along. Hopefully we can both make it depending on the planned date but if all else fails then it’ll be me (Mark) on my tod but i would really like to visit the Somme area as my grandad was lost for 4 days in no mans land there apparently.