Interior light / headlight warning buzzer

Pm swnt

I get the same, approx 12 on passenger and 4 on drivers door

Going to be a delay in looking into this now, back at work now…

I have stripped the interior out (apart from the dash) as I am installing a reversing camera this week so as a temporary measure I have ran a wire from the passenger door to the driver’s door and I now have a working interior light until any further information comes to light, pun intended.

Did you get to the bottom of the problem? I have the same, courtesy light not working when drivers door open but does for passenger, no “lights on” warning buzzer and no door open light on dash for drivers door.

Never ever got it sorted. My symptoms are identical to yours, it’s so frustrating. As above I ended up stripping the interior and fitting a by pass wire so I have and interior light but got no further forward.

Service manager at Mazda did mention it could be the ignition switch but I have never looked further into it.

The door switch works on connecting to earth to work the light as it grounds out, remove the switch , clean it ( wire wool on the brass) and re-fit, there is no need for multi-meters etc etc .
M-m

1 Like

I tried a different switch and it didnt work. Swapped drivers switch to passenger and vice versa but that didnt work. Its got to be something else.

:+1:
If I ever find out what it is I’ll let you know

Hi, having the same issue and took it to Mazda, they tell me it is most likely a fault on the ‘keyless entry set” (despite my car being a 2010 which doesn’t have keyless entry) which has a part number NF76-675DZB. Apparently a £600 item from Mazda and not available.

I can see these on eBay for around £25, does anyone have any idea if this is an easy swap and where it is located on the car?

My suspicion is that it probably needs programming for the car and is a PITA to access.