Ireland "area"

I am sure OC has at least some Irish owners.No mention anywhere or Ireland as members area??

Yes, there are members, and Yes - it is an area - check the area section =
https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_topics158_Northern-Ireland.aspx

Those of you in the Republic of Ireland currently get allocated to “overseas” so far as the Club area structure is concerned. I believe that we did have a more formal RoI Area in days gone by but assume perhaps it didn’t have sufficient membership to warrant its existence. 

As with all such things if there was sufficient interest and numbers then maybe a more official RoI Area could be set up.  Although there are only 40ish members registered outside the uk, (that being worldwide) so few of those are going to be in RoI.  Maybe instigate a recruitment campaign around your way and see how many you can get to join up… 

?? https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_topics158_Northern-Ireland.aspx

Sorry Martin, I don’t understand your post - NI has an Area Co-ord and has done for many years, SAZ was A/C when I joined in 2002, and the area has enjoyed continuity ever since. A few NI members also contribute to our UK forum.  The NI forum appears to be healthy, and current, so a post ascertaining there is no great support is a bit negative surely?

The fact remains - one owner offers various spares, which apparently means there is a constant supply of cars, so that suggests there is ample supply. Yes - there doesn’t appear to be as many members as we ‘apparently’ have in most areas, but compare the number of participants to area events across the board, and NI numbers hold up fairly well IMHO.

IIRC - NI also held a spring rally a few years ago, which surely warrants ‘healthy status’ to them - even if not many owners went across the pond to join them. (As also the Scottish Rally - - - !) Yes I din’t go either, but around 2004 Saz posted an open invitation to join him in a visit to NI, and three others went - me included. We joined local owners in attending a car show at an event in a park in Belfast, and were met with enthusiasm and cordiality by others there. (at least ten cars plus ours) - I’ve been to similar in the UK where less local cars went. Earlier days, but that’s history now.

ROI rather than NI

Added - There’s no mention of location in the OP’s post, so your reply mentioning the RoI can only mean you still have access to the full register, which obviously I no longer have. (The old name of Eire apparently has ceased to exist.) Hence my reply. Depending where the OP lives, it could be a long trip to get to NI (Belfast mainly) so my reply above may not apply but how was I to know? The post mentioned Ireland - period.

His profile shows him to be a resident of Dublin, Ireland.  I believe someone from NI would refer to their bit as “Ulster” and the rest as “The Republic”.

Or Norn Iron.

Back in the day, in the 20th Century, I tried to encourage ROI owners to set up a separate grouping in the club, but there was never a critical mass, and there were understandable objections to the membership fee; those in the South were charged more due to the extra postage needed to send the magazine to the ROI. It was hard enough back then running an area in the North, because we couldn’t really do that much with the rest of GB. Happily, since my depature, the NO group seems to have gone from strength to strength.

Back in my day

There is an Irish MX5 club, I think open  to North and South

http://www.mx5ireland.com/

Well spotted - I gave up ages ago checking profiles, as  very few fill them in. Another instance where LOCATION would help, but it seems to fall on blind eyes (as opposed to deaf ears - - -)

That’s great Saz!  In my mind I can “hear” that being said, if you know what I mean!