Is it possible to trick LED headlight warning light into turning off?

1. My model of MX-5 is: ND 2016
  2. I’m based near: Bristol
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: whether or not it is possible for a seller to trick the LED warning light into not illuminating.

I went to view a 2016 ND and noticed the warning light was on. Seller has messaged today saying that they changed a bulb and it has gone off. Is there some way to fake this, e.g removing a fuse? Just want to make sure I cover my bases and couldn’t find an answer online.

Thanks

Did you notice any lights out when you looked at the car ?

IIRC - there only three ways to get rid of a blown bulb warning light.

1. Put a good bulb in
  2. put a resistor across the bulb connectors ( system will see the resistor as a good bulb )
  3. code out the bulb warning with a professional diagnostic/coding tool.

I must admit I didn’t check the lights as I looked at the car during the day so it didn’t occur to me to actually do that! I did flick them on and off while driving as I didn’t know what the light meant at first and nothing out of the ordinary from within the drivers seat. I’ll ask him which bulb was changed, if he has a receipt for the new bulb / has the old bulb and will check over the lights. Thanks for the response

If the led headlight light comes on, there is no bulb to change. The only replaceable bulbs are the indicators, reversing and fog lights, and on some models the drls.

Oh right, so when he’s told me that replacing a bulb has turned the light off - that’s not true?

If there is a failure of the led headlight (or rear led lights) then its replacement of the whole light.

So he said that he changed the indicator bulb and that there’s no invoice as it was issued from the workshop

If a indicator bulb fails, the indicator system goes into hyperflash to indicate bulb failure, and as far as I’m aware that wouldn’t light the led headlight light.