Isle of Man Weekend May 17th-20th May

I’ve just contacted my insurance company (Saga) regarding the closed road run on the Sloc Mountain Road which forms part of the IoM 30th Anniversary Tour itinerary. Despite my emphasising that it will be a non-competitive, non- timed event with no overtaking allowed, I have been refused cover. So unless I can find another company willing to provide insurance for that day, I will not be able to take part in what will be one of the highlights of the tour. I thought my fellow travellers should be aware of this.

Regarding my previous post:
Has anyone else found themselves refused cover by their insurers for the closed road parade? If so have they found a company willing to insure the event as a ‘one off’?
Thanks

An update for members going on the IoM tour next month. I asked Peter James Insurance for a quote and told them about the event, and that it included a parade on a closed road. There would be an excess for this of £2,500!
Apparently, despite the advertisement in the MX5 OC magazine that their policies “include cover for MX5 owner club organised events” they consider the parade as a “one-off “ agreement and the usual benefits wouldn’t apply.
Perhaps other participants might want to check with their insurers too, as I suspect their policies won’t cover them either.

I wouldn’t turn down the opportunity of driving, unmolested, over the mountain section of the TT course on a technicality. You are more at risk from hardening of the arteries mithering about insurance cover than something untoward actually happening.
Just … DO IT!
(life’s too short)