Jack and locking wheel nuts

Just discovered there isnt a jack in my MX5 Rf nd.
Is this usual. Also, no tool to fit the locking wheel nuts, so can’t remove wheels.

No Jack but you should have the key for the locking wheel nuts. Is it inside the puncture repair pouch? Or in the little tool roll?
:heart:

Theres no socket or wrench. Have the key.

Do you have a little bag with some tools in? For the life of me I can not remember what is in it and our car is not here to look. I do not think there is a socket or wrench as I have put a jack, winder, ratchet and socket in the our boot just in case. There is a bracket for mounting a jack inside the right rear wheel arch. There is a simple carpet cover hiding the compartment.
Hopefully someone will be along to ‘remind’ me what is in the little bag.

Just a tow hook and an arm to fit a jack. Nothing else.
Thanks.

That sounds correct so I think you have the complete and correct UK kit.

These work well with the extra leverage and for stowing.
Just one example.
Screwfix have them too.
Just check what size the wheel nuts are. :slightly_smiling_face:

That is a good value item and it will fit either of the two wheel nut sizes that MX5 NDs have had.
All you need then is a suitable scissor jack and winder.

If the RF is the same as the soft top there is actually a jack holder inside the right hand side of the boot behind the boot trim, I bought a MK1 MX-5 jack and the retaining bolt that secures it in-place.

Thank you everyone

Beware of some of the cheap jack and wrench offers on Az and eB. The lift may not be enough and the sockets can round off!
Been there done that.

Thank you.

There should be an electric tyre pump and a bottle of puncture sealant as well.

Yes I have that, thanks

Picked up my new MX-5 ND ST a few weeks ago. Noticed no jack, etc. Got in contact with the supplying dealer and asked about it, why not included. They stated due to tyre sealant kit being provided Mazda don’t supply the jacking equipment as standard. Subsequent email from dealer asking me to pop into see them, was presented with a jack, first aid kit, wheel spanner, etc, free of charge. They even fitted the jack into it’s holding bracket for me so it didn’t rattle about. I might have just been lucky getting the kit, but it does no harm to ask.

1 Like

That was nice of them.

1 Like

I bought an mx30 last year ( still got mx5 ) same as Linda. No spare no need for the other kit & I believe all manufacturers are the same. Not sure why they did this got told 2 reasons ( 1 ) safety ( 2 ) to save on weight. Anybody know any other excuses.

That is advertising huff and puff, there is only one driver, profit!! Cynical me strikes again.

1 Like

Times the weight of those things by however many cars they load onto ship and the weight would be quite significant.