JAE WICKSTEAD PARK

i was wondering if anybody is doing anything for the JAE this year 10th -12th september Wickstead Park,Kettering its the biggest jap car show in England

I think the Club should have a presence at JAE, it always used to. I’d try and organise it myself this year but wouldn’t know where to start.

Car shows were generally organised or supported by “Shows and Exhibitions”, but this support has virtually dissapeared this last few years (no comment). Either the local area could pick this up, or failing that, then an appeal to the Committee for support might do some good, though on present form this seems unlikely.

Major shows previously attended included JAPS (Thoresby Park) JAE, Supercar Sunday (Gaydon) and Simply Red (Donny) though not sure this latter event will take place this year.

Area shows also used to be supported, but not for many moons - - - - - - (Total of fourteen shows in 2005, thanks to Jaffa)

Sigh - - - - - -

Robbie - or anyone interested, email or PM me, and I’ll tell you how, though this should have been done sooner this year.(It might be too late)

yeah i must say im abit disapointed since joining this club,there never seems to be much interest in big events apart from the  Silverstone Classic weekend

In fairness, I must say that JAE recently organised their event for the same w/e as our National Rally, at which all our marquees are normally required, though IIRC a few still wanted to see JAE, but they remained dissapointed that year - at least as far as an O/C organised stand was concerned.  JAE this year appears to be on a non conflict week end, so no reason why it couldn’t be done, bearing in mind the time factor.

Biggest problem was always the committment factor - people saying they would come - and not doing so. When space has been booked for up to forty cars, and less than thirty arrive, it’s dissapointing for the organiser, and for those who were turned away, as all spaces appeared to be taken.

Having said that - it was always the same, even at Curborough, though at least we used to have a reserve list for it, because of the turn up factor, but when somebody lives 100 miles away, a last minute phone call is hardly welcome. Unwelcome problems are forgivable, but not when somebody just can’t be bothered.

From a purely personnal POV - I enjoyed the JAE events that Jaffa and I organised, but as official club representatives we never got to see all that we would have liked to see, so an organiser gets the short end of the stick. The average MX5 owner also regrets the lack of parts representation for our cars, but JAE is all about power, paint and body kits, so we come up short in that respect. Shouldn’t put a true petrolhead off though, and for that group JAE was always a great event, regardless of which marque was represented. If you are into customising, then the show is a great source of inspiration.

There’s nothing to stop people going for a day, as a member of the public, without having a O/C stand to show your car on, if anyone is still interested. Public parking is more expensive than having stand space though - that’s the one drawback.

I have spoken to the folks at JAE and am in the process of booking a stand. Names below of those people interested please…

The date is 10th, 11th and 12th September 2010.

1. ANDY MACDONALD