Japanese Newspaper

Has anyone else discovered the Japanese newspaper which is placed under the passenger side carpet on the day the car rolls off the manufacture line? I was thrilled when I found mine - dated 1994 ; a little bit damp stained!

6 Likes

I presume you have a Eunos?

I ask since I know that only the Japanese market vehicles get the yen coin included as a token of good luck (so if you have a Eunos be on the lookout for that).

My Mother has an imported Mazda, it had several previous owners but in cleaning it I found the coin where it had been put by the factory workers, never thought to lift the carpets to look for a newspaper - might suggest we try loooking for one :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, I think 3rd May, 1994, The year Heisei is 6,
It was a Tuesday - 火曜日

Akihito presided over the Heisei 平成 era!

Frame and hang it on the wall!

Ofiaich!

4 Likes

Yes its a Eunos but sadly no coin found yet!

1 Like

That’s great, thanks - regret its a bit too battered to be framed

1 Like

I’d wager, if you do not mind the opinion, that it’s patina/condition is the whole point of it’s long travelled 30 year history.
It’s possible even, that a clever cloggy type could scan it and “restore”/enhance a copy.
That’s what I 'd do anyhow…opinions differ! Hope it’s not binned though.
That’s the best yet…mine was /is a coin and a McD receipt of all things.
Being old, worn, tattered aroun d the edges, and a bit battered is really most of my charm…or whatever charm I had!
It’s a story that needs telling?

6 Likes

Can I just add with respect, if you are really not inspired to preserve it, PM me with a price and we will “talk numbers”.
That’s if you don’t care about parting with some your beautiful car’s soul & factory provenance. Genuine offer from a chap missing ( having to sell) his famous Mk1 terribly of late for health reasons

2 Likes

Thanks for your message - the newspaper will stay with the car :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Isn’t your Roadster on a J plate which makes it a 1992 (ish) car? 2 years older than the newspaper? Or is it a private plate?

Hello Robbie - I don’t know is the answer - I thought the car was 1991/2 but with the newspaper date as 1994 ? Its not a private plate as the registration in UK is 1998. The chassis number is NA6CE-159850 if that’s of any help - happy to correct any misinformation…

Does it not say on the V5C something like “Declared manufactured 1992”? Mine says it on the bottom of the front page.

Aah yes - number of former keepers 3 - was registered/used overseas. Declared manufactured 1992! Thank you - now how do I correct my for sale details :blush: :blush:

My eunos was manufactured February 1992 and my vin is only slightly higher in number to yours so yours was definitely made before mine.

1 Like