June / July track days

Hi everyone.
What trackdays have members got booked theough June or July? Am looking to follow up the great day had at Blyton and was hoping to catch one where other members may be heading to
Dont want to be totally overrun by fiestas and clios lol…be good to see a couple of MX5 on track too!

Not June/July but doing Cadwell park on 18th September.

I’m booked on MOT’s Donnington Park evening on the 25th of July. The MX-5 Europe group are promoting it as a group event, so though it’s not exclusive to them or to MX-5s I’m expecting there to a good number of 5s.

It’s a big jump from Blyton to open pit lane track days. If you don’t want to have angry Clio’s buzzing around a novice day might be an option. Not cheap in high season though. For example …

All day novice track day Oulton Park Tues July 9th £295.

Not worried about the novice part. Been to a few track days over the years etc just would be nice to catch up with fellow mx5 guys while there.

2 Likes

TBH I don’t find the Fiestas and Clios too bad, it’s the M3 boys and others running big power that can be a little intimidating, especially when they teleport into your rear view mirror and make it very clear they’d like you out of thier way🤣

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not June July but im doing the MOT day at Blyton on 31 Aug in my ND1

And its my birthday too !

Will be praying for dry weather at the end of august lol :laughing:

Just wondered after I replied to your PM to me, if you were going to provide clarification of your PM or reply. I have sent two PM replies to you trying to help. It would have been nice to have had some form of acknowledgement.

Nowadays it’s gt3s, m cars and grassroots race teams practicing. Gone are the days of clios and mr2s, trackday are too rich nowadays.

I shared a garage with a GT3 owner. He said he worked in the scrap trade and saw plenty of write-offs. The best ones were tracked.

1 Like

I just saw this at Knockhill recently. They all left 2 hours into a 4 hour session.

1 Like

Best two hours of the day are the last two

Going to Castle Combe on August 24th with Bristol Pegasus Motor Club, it is quite light weight with restricted numbers on the track at anyone time so drivers can focus on driving. BTW 1st year BPMC membership is free and 10 squid thereafter link to ffi and entry form here :- Castle Combe Track Day – Bristol Pegasus Motor Club

Monday September 8th Snetterton MSV day. Brilliant circuit, unlike Brands it never seems to be too crowded. This is the only Snetterton track day on a Monday. Bit of a trek for some of you guys but its only 2 hours for me. However, stay 2 miles away in the Premier inn on the Sunday for 52 quid, decent dinner and a couple of pints and get to the track by 8 Monday. Lovely day out if the sun shines. Would also love to see more MX5’s there. 3 of us go and book two adjoining garages so if anyone is up for it we can probably squeeze you in.

1 Like

I’m hoping to be at Anglesey on Monday 23rd September with “the lad” (all six foot three of him).

1 Like

Donnington Park - July 25th - Evening session via MOT Trackdays - I think some of the MX5 europe club are there too…
Looking forward to getting the super200 upgrade on track for the first time since having it done!

1 Like