Just checking in

Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say hi. Looking at am MX5 with some kind of BBBR bolt ons for my new daily and no better place to learn than here. I’d audio be lying if I said one of the ones in your sale section wasn’t on my list.

So… Hi! What should I know, anyone done anything with A SLIGHTLY raised suspension set up? How much does the turbos ruin mpg etc? Was looking circa 2013-2015…

Still learning so assume I know nothing!

buy one, drive it for a couple of months to figure out what you want, then decide what you want to do. whatever anyone tells you its their perception of what they want their car to be like.

its your own journey mate - and honestly as long as you have decent tyres and functional suspension you dont really need to do anything to the car for driving it on public roads. you could perhaps look for a sport aligment but I’d say do nothing other than driving your car.

the only thing that you may want to look at is rust. these things rust so dont buy one that is rusty as… or get one that has been done properly. and by properly i dont mean splashing a new coat or underseal above the old one, i mean rubbing the old stuff out, treat the rust and put some new underseal back on.

And to answer your question, imho the car doesnt need turbos and the like. it will never be the fastest thing on the roads so personally i think its a bit of a waste of money trying to spend money boosting the car. mods on handling yes only if you use case requires that (do you want to track the car?). personally I think just enjoy the engagement of the naturally aspirated engine perhaps with a fruiter exhaust and see where you want to go with it…

2 Likes

Hi and welcome.
As above……test drive a few, buy the best (rustless) one you can afford and go and enjoy driving it.
Modifications can come later when the summer has disappeared👍🏻