Just got back from the rally!

We had to fail at something and this was all down to me… I take on your point and I guess it wont happen again

Personnaly I think you were all winners and I’m not sure a judge could have seperated you… let’s not go into public voting

I’m sorry for your disapointment in how it all panned out and do appreciate the effort made by you all in preparing a stunning line up of cars

I would like to add my thanks to those
that organised the event.

At last I won a prise in the raffle,
the Meguiats wash and wax kit.

One question, did anyone do a count of
how many cars turned up?

I wondered this too.

I was dissappointed that there were non fives allowed to park with the fives. Made for some messy photographs

EDIT: wrong photo uploaded

Ugh!

I would remind you that your club is for MX-5, Eunos, Miata owners and anyone else with an interest in the car whether they own one or not.  

Looky here and see what not making potential members feel like leppers can achieve:  http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/forums/t/6416.aspx

Try taking the photo from a different angle, that way you can also omit the wheelie bin!!!

I really thought better of you than this… very disappointed but I’ll get over it with true Club Spirit

Our Miss Money Penny recons we sold 564 Rally Plaques :slight_smile:

Mick, have a read of what you just wrote. Not very friendly.

I wasn’t saying non owners shouldn’t be at the rally, I wasn’t making a personal slur on you. Just saying that they should have had allocated parking like the other rallies I have attended.

You would have thought better of me? Have a word with yourself mate, your attitude stinks. I didn’t deserve that.

Wheely bin was included in that pic on purpose for effect, detracts from the Audi.

Ok, I’ve had a word with myself…  and I stand by what I said…

I care not that none MX-5s have been made to park elsewhere in the past… I believed that to be wrong and somewhat insulting so it didn’t happen at elvington.

If I were more articulate with the written word then perhaps I could have expressed myself better but then so could you, so lets not go there.

BTW… if the wheely bin is there on purpose to distract from the audi… why complain about something that is no longer seen by anyone

I could only go on the Saturday and it was my first MX-5 Rally.

120 miles there and all I got was five minute walk up and down two lines of cars, a cheap (£1) cup of coffee, and a 3 hour wander around the Yorkshire Aircraft Museum.

No traders, no-one to meet and greet you on arrival, no-one taking note of numbers of cars arriving. As an attendee to aircraft rallies, you are expected to book in on arrival, otherwise how do you know that the event was a success? Or is that defined by the number of plaques you sell? Certainly no-one was selling anything on Saturday.

If it hadn’t been for the FREE entry into the museum, and the splendid folk around the museum I could have been dissapointed. I will go back to the museum again.

As for the rally, what rally? Yes, Yorkshire Area, you were having a laugh.[:(]

You obviously didn’t read the event website

I’ d like to add my thanks to Mick and everyone who helped make it such a GREAT weekend.

The Heartbeat run was fantastic, even if I did have to allow TOH to drive as he " Can’t navigate!"  We really enjoyed the dinner and Disco,with some really friendly “Newbies”- and thats another story[;)]  Sunday was good with lots to see and do,I told Mick Friday night that I may have to send TOH. to have a pamper session as he’s not really into MX5s but I was able to save my money as he was happy talking to all the lovely people we had met in the previous two days .

We only got back in the early hours of this morning having stayed on an extra day to take a senic drive back via the Dales and Peak district, Snake pass [:D]

Because we enjoyed this week end so much my workaholic husband has agreed to book for Mallory AND Ireland next year.

Thanks once again

Selina 

I don’t have a problem with you, and my initial comments were not aimed at you. I am not sure how I could have expressed myself better? I expressed that I was a little dissapointed that the non fives were parked with the fives. I then expresed that you had an attitude towards me that I didn’t deserve. I’m not upset by your comments, it won’t affect my sleep and I think I’ll live. It’s just amusing that you tried to go out of your way to upset a paid up and loyal member, saying I was upsetting and alienating potential members.

I was going to post a “what’s the ugliest thing in this photo” thread, just for fun, nothing malicious.

I’m after no hard feelings and no more negativity. Not what I was after at all.

There was good and bad parts to the day but far less bad than some ive been to.

Im sorry the guy from 3 post up got the wrong end of the stick about Saturday…but if he had asked what the score was on this Forum…he might have got a better Idea.

Lets Not fall out over percieved slurs and try to understand what kind of hard work goes into these events.

Im awake for days just attending trying to remember everything (forgot the kettle this year so was pointless bringing a stove and tea bags!!!)

I think the mix of stalls being car + non car related was a great idea and should be copied for future events (you listening N. I )

The Museum was good and would have mad a great place to hide from the rain that never appeared (just)

The Judging of the show cars took a bit of abuse but was fairer than public voting.  I think it needs a proper judge to be fair (or 3) who judge all the catergories together

Put My name down I will do it.

I ownly show my cars because I like talking to people and advising them on how they can get the best from their car (performance or cosmetic)

and I also dont have so far to walk!

Since Beamish every show has been good (apart from Belvoir which felt a little thrown together and I know the reasons behind it)

Hers to a Fantastic 15-20 at Mallory park

And looking forward to spring 2010 already for the trip to Northern Ireland (put decisions have to be made on which car i take)

Well Done Mick and all of the Yorkshire gang

Alan

Halli and el chinko, can I suggest you take this discussion out of the fourm or as a mod I will be forced to lock this thread.

Thanks guys.

Have you checked the dates Mr Moderator? This friendly discussion was done and dusted ages ago. You have effectively brought it back into circulation with your comment.

Yeh!!! bah humbug… now everyone can see what an MX55 NOB eye was being - rather than my normal MX5 5NOB