K&N Air Filters and Typhoon Intakes

Only on Mk2.5 or later I believe (but I could easily be wrong), not sure is that covers a 2001 plate. On a mk2.5 it is located to the right hand side of the driver, just at the top of the fuse box by the bonnet release. Take the cover off and it is above the fuses.

thanks IanFik, i’ll have a look when i get home late - before i order a reader online - can get one off A/Prime on a next-day delivery for Thursday if needed.

Ta.

I just have one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Morjava-OBD2-Bluetooth-Compatible-ISO9141-2/dp/B01IM04ZD2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1493123793&sr=8-3&keywords=odb2+reader and use it with the free piston app on my phone. First pair it in Bluetooth setting then open the app and link device. If you do not pair the reader first you will struggle to get it to work.

Totally agree with Ian on this. I’ve had both a pipercross high flow panel filter with standard air box and now a K&N Typhoon induction kit on my 2002 1.8 SVT Sport. No real difference between the high-flow panel and induction kit- but sounds much better- a great fuel to noise converter!!! Picked up a pre-owned induction kit from EBay for a bargain price- so suggest you keep searching EBay/Gumtree etc…

hi guys,

quick update on this - deisconnected the negative terminal on the battery for around 10 mins - reconnected and have driven around 30 miles + so far and the engine light hasn’t come back on - so this seems to have done the trick.

The K&N makes a lovely sound through the higher rev range too - love it.

CM84