Ken`s East Coast Fish and Chip Run - Sunday 28th March 2010

Does anyone know if this run is taking place in the  spring? If so on what date. The  run last March was fantastic.Exept for my contribution towards the Suffolk constabulary`s Christmas  Ball !!!

Hi Andy,

Traditionally we always have the Fish and Chip Run on the last Sunday in March - to coincide with British Summer Time beginning and 2010 will be no exception, so it’ll be Sunday 28th March.  We have yet to decide upon a venue, but I rather favour Aldeburgh in Suffolk - apparently there is a “world famous” fish and chip shop in the High Street, with lots of parking available.  I’ll be discussing the run with other ACs shortly and I’m hoping that we can encourage other areas to join us too.  We had 88 cars this year, so I’m hoping we can break the 100 mark in 2010 [:D]

Edited to confirm that the 2010 Fish and Chip Run will be returning to Mrs T’s in Southwold, Suffolk.  Details in Feb edition of STHT

Hi Ken,

Thanks for that, I am looking forward to the next run.

As for breaking the 100 mark, after the turn out at Mallory this year anything is possible.

Best Regards

Andy

Ken, sounds like good fun

Keep us informed and I’ll try and get some NEM members to join in {#emotions_dlg.thumb}

Hi Ken.
Same goes for North Thames

Will do guys, put the date in your 2010 Events Calendars and the details will follow…  

Hi Ken

Count Sam and I in, looking forward to it Tez 

Hi Terry, good to hear from you.

This year’s Fish and Chip Run has been confirmed as a return to Mrs T’s in Southwold, Suffolk.  Details will be appearing in the next edition of STHT.  John Butler from Coventry usually accompanies us and so perhaps you (and other Phoenix 5ers) can join him on the drive over to the Northampton Area’s departure point at White Arches Motorhome Centre on the A45 westbound (next to the BP petrol station) at Wellingborough.  We leave there at 09.00 hrs.  Alternatively you could join us at our meeting point with Fenland Fives at Brampton Hut Service Area (Junction of A1 and A14) at 09.30 hrs.  Either way, it’ll be great to have you and Sam accompany us - he’ll just love the beach!

Ken

Hi Ken

Thanks for all that Sam will love the beach, and will let him have a swim he loves the sea.

see ya soon all.

Tez and SammyyyyDog

is  Mrs T’s near the harbour or the arcade end of Southwold, girl friend used to live there and I cant remember for the life of me where it is

Mrs T’s is down at the Harbour.  Next door is the Sole Bay Fish Co, serving fresh fish platters including Suffolk oysters (bring your own wine and bread) and a short stroll away is the Harbour Inn, serving excellent pub grub and a great selection of Adnam’s Ales.  Parking is available all along the harbour, up the road near the Golf Course and at the bottom end of the harbour in a large public car park.  In Southwold, there are the usual charming attractions of a typical Suffolk seaside town, including a very attractive pier.  One word of caution however - owing to the large number of MX-5s likely to invade the town on 28th March, the (friendly) local constabulary are aware of our “MX-5 Massive”.

I’ve just come off the telephone after speaking with Mrs T.  She’s delighted that we are returning to Southwold and will gear up to cater for us.

On countdown now… just 6 days to go :o))    Fingers crossed for fine, dry weather xxxxx

Hi Ken I have my fingers crossed and Sam hase all four legs crossed !!! come rain all shine will be their. Tez and Sam

See you at Thrapston Services Ken.

You can go at the back of the queue this time! Whistling

Ahhhh… good job you said that, Nick.  Should we pull into Thrapston Services then ?

I thought we had agreed that on P5’s?

I wasn’t sure whether we were going to collect your group as we went past, or actually pull into the service area.  Now I know - we’ll pull into the service area!  Just checking :o))   (You know how easily I get confused) 

Hi all.  I’ve now got a group of 15 from North Thames joining  you at West Stow.