Knocking Noise from Suspension after lowering / fitting coil overs

My model of MX-5 is: NB

Looking for some help !

I have recently installed Tein Flex Z Coilovers to my MK2 NB MX5.

During the installation I also changed the Track Rod Ends, Drop Links (standard non-adjustable), and all rusty suspension bolts.

I haven’t been stupid with the lowering of the car, in fact if you didn’t know what to look for, you probably wouldn’t know its sat on coilovers!

When I hit a bump I can hear some clunking / knocking noises from the hubs, mainly coming from the rear, sometimes also the front. I can’t wrap my head around what this could be?

When I installed the coilovers on their standard height, there was no clunking or knocking, when I lowered it a bit more, the clunking began.

If anyone knows what this could be I would be very grateful!

Thanks!

i would certainly make sure the drop links are fully tightened. Replaced mine before and found them to be not tight enough and caused knocking noises.
Regards
Rob.

Will deffo get some adjustable ones in time, seems like the best option! had a nightmare fitting the standard ones once I lowered the car.

Car should also be flat on the floor…ie not on jacks when tightening so they sit in the natural position that they will work in.
Also makes it more difficult if you dont have a ramp.