Kuga anyone?

Hi guys I have bought a Ford kuga and found the headlights to be quite poor .
They are H15 bulbs :bulb:
Anyone got these bulbs and uprated them?
Any recommendations???
Thanks guys :christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree:

I’d recommend getting rid of the Kuga. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I have a Suzuki Vitara,over my life I have had many very posh high end make cars,I think the Vitara is probably the best all round car I have ever had,it uses virtually no fuel regularly doing way over 50 m.p.g,it handles amazing nearly as good as my N.D mx5,accelerates more like a little go anywhere racing car,this was just a review for this amazing car,not trying to upset anybody.
All best Simon

2 Likes

I’ve had a Ford Kuga since 2012, over 100k now & as good as the day I bought it. Have you checked the headlight levelling switch, as this may be causing your problem (too much dip). Do a little research before you buy upgrades, I’ve never needed any for my Kuga. Good luck & I hope you enjoy the car as much as I have.

3 Likes

Which engine???
1.4 booster jet??

3 Likes

What position are your headlights set ?
Mine on position 1
:man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::white_check_mark::white_check_mark:

1 Like

I test drove the new swift sport (69 plate)and now wish I’d gone for that instead :man_facepalming:t2:

Zero. Best to park on level surface at night, toggle switch across the range of settings & watch lights move up & down then set accordingly

3 Likes

Yes 1.4 booster jet a amazing engine goes like a rocket,I also like the idea behind Suzukis they are def not tinny,but built lightweight by clever engineering and high tensile steel,hence amazing performance and good m.p.g.
Simon

3 Likes

We’ve had 2 Kuga’s and both were great cars although I preferred the original shape with the split boot. We would have bought one this time after swapping out the 6 GT Sport Estate, needed a higher ride, but there is a 9 month waiting list!

1 Like

Sane position with trying to buy a Tucson 9/10 months waiting list with no guarantee of purchase price and obviously p/x till nearer date…Basically deposit just puts your name on the list…

Yup, bought a CX-60 instead!

My Mrs needs a new car to replace her ageing CRV. Has to be an auto though and we don’t need the big car space now the kids have grown up and flown the nest. Trouble is she likes a high up driving position. On the shortlist are two Suzuki’s which may seem a bit left field choice but they seem to be very well spec’d for the price. One is the Ignis and the other is the SX4-S cross both 2017 and in SZ5 trim. The Ignis has the 1.2 Dualjet engine and the SX4 has the 1.4 boosterjet. Has anyone any experience good or bad with either of these cars?

1 Like

I bought the previous generation SX4 as the cheapest runaround I could find - probably due to it having zero street cred, a smallish boot and not fitting into any particular pigeon hole.
Built in Hungary it has a smooth ride, 1.6 engine with 120hp and 50mpg if driven sensibly. I’ve put 47000 miles on it in 4 years and the damn thing hasn’t missed a beat or needed any repairs.
Facelift and bigger are the newer models - and different engine. But with regard to the manufacturer, I have no problems.

1 Like

I actually had already had two Honda c.r.v and wanted something to replace them with which was slightly smaller,so I brought a Vitara,did not like the s.cross looks wise or driving wise,and the ignition seemed to small,I think the Vitara is better than the Honda c.r.v,I certainly like it’s compactness more.
Simon

Recommend you post on a ford forum… this one is for mx5s?

3 Likes

Go on, admit it. You only came on to read this thread because you thought someone was unloading the missus, just before Christmas.

1 Like

Doesn’t need to be just about MX-5’s in this section, there’s a chance of a qualified answer here too.

Thank you Ian :+1:t3:
I was trying not to bite :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:
You’ll always get 1 :face_exhaling:

I like the Vitara, actually viewed one last year, almost took the plunge and bought it.
Then, well if I had I wouldn’t have bought the Recaro Geoff, the correct decision.:+1::grin:

Maybe next year I’ll look again, it’ll have to be cheap though, high milers are going for less than £10k.

1 Like