Lancaster insurance BEWARE

Hi all do not and I mean do not insure with Lancaster insurance just cancelled with them only was with them 5 weeks , just charged me £130 ??? I asked them for transcript on the recorded conversation I had when I set up my insurance , did not get so I with held payment to them just had text , a fooking text to say they are passing it over to debt collecting company or I pay today , Angry is not the word people , so been forced to pay money . I am going to make it my mission in the coming years to put as many people off using this greedy robbing company … You all have been warned ! Take my advice or not but it is the worst customer service I have ever had … Ever ! Not going into any more details just save your money shop elsewhere .

Thought this was old thread I posted a couple of months ago.

Had exactly the same experience with them which just seems standard practice for them.

Its crazy really as everyone who they treat like this will never insure with them again and will no doubt put numerous other customers off using them too meaning they will lose far more money than just treating you fairly and charging you a fair amount for the cover you have used!

Having initially put my two MX5’s onto my company’s Fleet Vehicle insurance, I thought that this was possibly a very expensive way to insure the cars considering the limited intended use.
The cost quoted by Lancaster was reasonable against both cars (2007 NC 2lt Sports convertible and a 2014 NC Sports RD-TER Sports Venture ED). However, as I wanted to add my Granddaughter to the policy (she has her own VW Sirocco 2Lt GTD 2017 and pays £780.00 fully comp for the year and held a driving licence for over 4 years) they quoted well over £3,000.00 for the MX5 2014 on this one car.
Obviously this was a non starter and slightly disappointed that their advertisement in the ‘Soft Top Hard Top’ magazine didn’t quite live up to my expectation of achieving both of us insured by this Ins. Broker.

If it helps. I have just insured my 2.5 for £140 fully comp. OK so had to admit that I am over 50 to get Saga insurance and I had to take zero excess, but I am happy. :grinning:

Got a quote from Lancaster as my insurance is due for renewal. My policy documents have come through and my policy doesn’t cover me for other vehicles, and doesn’t accrue no claims bonus.

They told me it was a MX5 specific policy but not that it was a classic policy (hence no NCB accrual) and my car is a 2019 ND!

I’ve spent all day trying to call them to cancel (within the 14 day cooling off period) and every time I reach the call queue it hangs up on me!

Really annoyed now as I’ve been sold a totally unsuitable product, I’ve paid in full and just want to talk to a person to get my money back!

I regularly see folk on here recommending them and I too have been warning people off them, I was doing my research when renewing and it didn’t take much to find the disgusting reviews on them. Unfortunately the people that tend to make recommendations are those that have never cancelled or needed to make a claim, its a cheap policy for a reason.

Thing is they are only £10 cheaper than my previous Axa policy. I just figured as there was a club association they would be ‘approved’…clearly my mistake!

I’ve commented before they should be removed from being associated with the club.

1 Like

Well its same old story isnt it, rip off britain , nsurance in uk is a big con, ins is a con generally ! My mx5 ins in spain is dirt cheap (not classic) , half the price of uk and u get breakdown included . Road tax cheaper and my car was uk registered , right hand drive .Spanish plates now. I’ve always bn ripped off by car ins in uk over the years . They want ur money but wen it comes to paying out, small print here, small print there , any way
they can find of get out of paying out -THEY WILL ! After uv initially paid through the nose for the privilege.

Update on trying to cancel my policy (which hasn’t yet started)

Finally managed to get hold of someone (she was very polite) and have cancelled my policy. I have been charged £20 but I’m just pleased I don’t have to deal with them any more.

I could have argued that they sold me a policy which didn’t fit my needs (sold me a classic policy on a new car with restrictions I don’t want and no ability to accrue NCB) but in all honesty it wasn’t worth the hassle.

I’ll just avoid them in future, if nothing else then for the reason that it took me almost 3 days to get hold of someone despite using their call back system

2 Likes

Glad you got it sorted! At last!!

1 Like

Pleased you got it resolved, will close the topic.

1 Like