Lancaster Insurance - Shocking

I am insured via Lancaster.

I have had cause to ask twice for a policy document - I still have not received it.

I have asked for the breakdown number so that I can keep this with me - I still have not received it.

Today I have been ringing since 11.00am and still can’t get through to discuss my policy or breakdown number. It is now 1.00pm.

On one occasion my call was responded to by a very curt and unfriendly young lady who took my number to save me holding on and  advised me that I would get a call back - I have not received a call back.

I would advise members to bear in mind the poor service levels when chosing insurance. I personally think that good service is actually more important than price.

Lancaster are dreadful - in my experience.

Now I am looking to switch insurer due to the hopeless and very annoying poor service.

I’ve said this before on here, I’ve been and seen Lancaster recommended by several members and believe they have some form of association with the club.  I personally did my research and discovered a wrath of scathing reviews so went with Greenlight who I have used in the past and have excellent customer service. 

my experience ,

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst111463_LANCASTER-INSURANCE.aspx

Hi Sonue,

You should call Invicta Insurance Services on 01732 471950 on Monday. 

They are a friendly and helpful local broker who have provided me with great customer service and competitive cover for my MX5.

Thanks, Steve

[quote=Steve Dakar]

Hi Sonue,

You should call Invicta Insurance Services on 01732 471950 on Monday. 

They are a friendly and helpful local broker who have provided me with great customer service and competitive cover for my MX5.

Thanks, Steve

[/quote

Very helpful.

Thank you for your replies.

Tomorrow morning I will put in place an alternative insurer and pay the Lancaster cancellation fee in order to escape this abysmal service.

Honestly they are a joke. I still don’t have a Policy doc.

I asked yesterday (for the 3rd time).

…“could you please send me a Policy Document”.

A. “What do you mean”?

A policy document.

“What?”

Hang up…  Irate and annoyed.

Can’t help thinking that both Lancaster and Adrian Flux pay quite a sum of money for advertising in STHT and probably do this on the understanding that the will be listed as ‘preferred’ insurers. The special service they supply to members would appear to include an additional sum to recoup their advertising costs.

Quote me happy have my business at the moment, change cars, change registration numbers and other changes done online with no admin fees.

Yes indeed I wondered why they are “preferred”.

Having tried FJ and now Lancaster I can say with certainty that Lancaster are the most dreadful.

The people that answer the phones sound bored, less likely to want to assist and callers are a nuisance.

G

Yesterday my nd was rear ended at roundabout. My insurance is with e-sure. Damage not great but afternoon phone call 30 mins later. Car being picked up tomorrow and hire car till fixed. Excellent service so far. My first claim for 30 years

I’ll add to this thread.

Lancaster are an utterly useless outfit and I advise people to avoid at all costs.

Over a month has passed waiting for my agreed value to come through after completing their laborious valuation procedure. Called them and waited 20 minutes on the phone then got cut off. Sent email and got a generic “we are busy” reply. Have logged a complaint but it’s not even been acknowledged.

How the mx5oc can be associated with these a******s is beyond me. I should have stuck with Footman James.

I can attest to a similar experience but it didn’t get as far as others have.  I worked in the industry for many years so maybe have a different list of routes for a short circuit. At the very slightest dissatisfaction on the phone I asked the clerk to repeat their name and then demanded to speak immediately to the ‘team leader’ or, if not available, the office manager. 15 seconds then the matter was resolved. I got the docs I wanted (proof of NCD) via email within one minute. I think generally we tend to be much too patient and forgiving - not necessarily a bad thing -  but what counts is what works. 

1 Like