Laon Historique 2022 update

Hi Everyone,

As you will have probably noticed, we put a line in the programme toward to end of last year for Laon Historique 2022.

We did this tour in 2016 & 2017 and it is being held 3rd to 6th June 2022 in the Picardy region of France this year and the driving roads and scenery are absolutely fabulous :ok_hand: :sunglasses:

I know of 4 cars currently going along for this one but think there are currently 5 cars booked to go?

If you have booked to go on this tour, please could I ask you to PM me or email: solent@mx5oc.co.uk, so I can coordinate things, as due to GPDR both and SCCT do not wish to exchange peoples personal details.

Kind Regards

Mal
Joint Solent Area AC, with Terry Botto, for the MX5 Owners Club

Hi Mal, yes Lynn and I are booked on the Scenic Car Tours trip. O/n Dover on the Thursday before we all depart early on the Friday. We have extended to stay with friends in Ghent: we’ll worth a visit: perhaps even a Solent holiday trip to that area in 2022/23 and yes I’d help you organise. Could link with attending the Le Man Classic.
Thanks again, Roger

Hi Roger,

Great news, it will be lovely to have you and Lyn with us. We are going over via the tunnel, as not doen that one before and staying in the Premier Inn the night before, ready for the early start for the Eurostar.

Happy to discuss a Solent Area trip to the area in 2022/2023 over a nice bottle of red or white, if you prefer :wine_glass: :wine_glass: :wink:

Best Regards

Mal

Laon seems to be a top-event which i will atempt as well but…my case is different as i’m a Belgian five entusiast i might go with the French MX5 club, they’re in touch with the Laon Historic organisation and have been able to fix private parking area’s for their fives on the saturday rally and in the town . Beside that i found booking trough them cheap ; 99 eur (regular club deals, min 10 vehicles) for the three days and Circuit/all rally’s , it also inncludes the goodies , lunches and Champage glasses. I might have to become a member of their club (35 eur) for this which brings the costs at 135 eur (still cheap) . I will get in touch with them and if you guys want i could ask if the reserved parking area’s could be accesible for the MX5 owners club participants. Some MX-5 solidarity maybe?

Hi Everyone,

For those going to Laon Historique next month, I rang Kieran at SCCT just now, to ask when we might receive our packs. My question was timely, as Kieran and James were up late last night, checking that all the information that goes in the Travel Packs was correct and its now out for printing and posting to all.

Hopefully, everyone will receive them by the end of this week, especially with the new criteria for entry to France ref Covid Testing etc🙄

So, be sure to read the information carefully to check what is required and hopefully we will all have a good trip😎

Best Regards

Mal

Thanks Mal, I didn’t think they had changed anything & all you need is proof of vaccination via the NHS app🤔

Remember to also print copies just in case​:blush::blush:

Yes, you need proof of vaccination but as Roger had stated, one needs a printed off copy just in case.

See below info from the interweb, esp the bit about NHS Covid-19 Vaccination Appointment/Dose Cards not being sufficient as proof of vaccination😉

Proof of vaccination status

France will accept the UK’s proof of COVID-19 recovery and vaccination record at the border. The French Government recognises any vaccination certificates that conform to EU norms. This means your final dose must have been administered at least 7 days prior to travel for Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna or 28 days after a second dose of Johnson & Johnson. For details on how to demonstrate your COVID-19 status in domestic settings in France, see the Coronavirus page. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.

For travellers aged 18 and over, France will recognise you as ‘vaccinated’ for entry purposes if you completed your initial vaccine course within the last 9 months. If more than 9 months have elapsed since your initial course, and you have not since received a booster, you will be considered unvaccinated and must follow the rules detailed below.