Last drive

Mine is tax’d and insured all year round as well, i’ve always done that with my second cars as can’t be bothered with the faff of changing it all back and forth - will most likely be using my Mk1 quite a bit this winter as the daily (well, not that we go far) so let’s hope we get some nice crisp days conditions permitting! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I have just put the NB on sorn but the ND is my daily driver, I have hair but I have a club beanie bought for me by the Obergruppenfuhrer who masquerades as my wife, problem is the bobble bobbles about on top.

5 Likes

I never really understood our obsession with taking our favourite cars off the road for months on end.There will be lots of nice sunny days ahead to enjoy our cars.
My NC 25year Anniversary is a daily runner & this comes out too when the Sun is out.

4 Likes

Think you answered it yours is a daily runner mine is a second car a fun car toy if you like I know that in the next few months I will not be using it so why pay tax to the government for no reason its still mot and ins… So if I feel the need it would be no problem to put it back on the road…plus the fact I like to do jobs on the car were iam in no rush to finish… been there …In the short time it was on the road this year I managed to do around 2500 miles all fun driving no commuting …not a lot I know… for some off use its just as much as a hobby as a piece of transport…

1 Like

I took mine off the road begin November I
Have put it in the garage and disconted the battery

Shirley

I agree with not taking them off the road, at least if they are parked outside the lack of use will do them no good at all. Look at titanic, it hasn’t moved at all since it was last parked up not far from factory fresh but is pretty rotten today.

2 Likes

I obviously don’t understand marriage. No-one would tell me what to wear or not to wear… Lol…

My roadster will remain in use this winter. But I am seriously considering a rust proofing treatment to fight the salt…
From what I have read here though, it is probably the handling that will worry me the most.
Do any of you add heavy weight in the boot to help with traction during winter months?

Me and the wife have always had one don’t even take it off when we park up if it windy or cold…

Mine are just “cars”, a means of transport, so they get used as and when necessary, all year round. IF (big IF) I really needed to use one when conditions made grip “Iffy” I would possibly consider putting one or two 25 kilo sacks of birdseed in the boot.

1 Like

I’m another one to SORN my NB over winter. It’s had a full Dinitrol treatment but I still like to keep it away from the salt.

Cheers,
MarkP