Latest best tyre recommendation anybody?

1. My model of MX-5 is: __Mk3.5 Coupe
  2. I’m based near: __Preston
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __Tyres

Hi, So, run flats are not a good idea! I know there are lots of threads out there but does anybody have recent experience / recommendation for all year tyres for general day to day use? Low noise preferred.
Regards Glenn

Forgot to add, Standard wheels, 205/50/16

I got Michelin Pilot Sport 3 just over a year ago. Very good in all weathers, and not particularly noisy.

1 Like

As has been said, Michelin Pilots or Good Year Eagle F1 perhaps. I have 2 sets of wheels with a set of each on and they’re pretty much indistinguishable in use.

1 Like

If you want a quiet tyre, Dunlop Sport Maxx RT.

No tyre is “very good” in all weathers but they are good enough.
You will find that winter tyres, that will obviously help and provide traction in snow and ice do not actually stop in as short a distances as summer tyres do in normal wet conditions, and on the compromises go.
If you want very safe wet performance without too much dry weather compromise other than potential wear rate then Uniroyal Rainsport will do it.

Just had Yokohama’s put on mine and they seem pretty good so far…

1 Like

Hi, which ones? I have seen the S Drive on offer at MX5parts but the reviews I have seen are not to good, Glenn

Is that the offer price of £ 109 ? I do wonder, if so, what their value is without an offer ??

For goodness sake, please contact me!

1 Like

Can strongly recommend Nick’s services.

These are the ones:

YOKO V701 88W 205/45 ZR 17

Thanks everybody for your recommendations, also spoke with Nick D.
I will be going with Uniroyal Rainsports.
Regards Glenn

I have been using Unroyal Rainsports for the last five years, initially on a Mk2.5 and now on a Mk4. Makes you feel very solid in the wet, and you can get a good bit of tyre squeal if your aggressive enough around a roundabout in the dry. They last about 12-18 months, decent value too.
Matty