Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari?

Multiple reports are suggesting that Lewis Hamilton is set to join Ferrari in 2025. WHat are your thoughts on this move?

probably a good move every F1 drivers dream to drive for Ferrari

I gave up watching F1 after silly end to 2021 season. LH move to Ferrari might bring me back (to watch highlights :wink:) for 2025.

Still much prefer going to watch grass-roots club racing live at various circuits around these fine Isles, even if those grass-roots demand some gold plating!

3 Likes

Great move, suspect every F1 driver would like to end their career at Ferrari, such an iconic brand

He is mad.
Ferrari couldn’t set the skin on cold custard.
Their team strategy and the car haven’t come together since 2007….

I doubt a move to Maranello will bring Lewis any closer to another title than staying at Mercedes, the world has moved on to RB’s court. Still should be a nice payoff towards his pension pot.

I’m excited for it. I find the timing an interesting- mere days before the new cars are launched. Unlikely as it is, but if Merc come up with a quick car this year, surely George becomes the focus of the team.

… but has anything ever been that simple in any F1 team :thinking:

Certainly been good business for Ferrari, share price up 22%

Fabulous news . I’ve been in love with Ferrari since I saw a 275GTB parked in Leeds in 1960 something , the first F1 car I saw was Reggazoni’s 312B in 1971 and I’ve made to pilgrimage the Maranello several times .As for Lewis - I don’t support any individual driver(fandom is for Drive to Survive folk) but I have followed his career since F Renault and I think the move is a wonderful way for him to finish his career, and I don’t really care if he wins lots or not.

I do agree with Was I Dun though - the best way to enjoy motorsport properly is to be there yourself . The rest is , ultimately , just watching telly

1 Like

I hope Sainz goes to Mercedes and beats him :smile:

Watch this space :wink: :racing_car:

1 Like

Well a change is as good as a rest……But l think it’s a Bad move should have gone to Red Bull :zipper_mouth_face: :wink:

Why? Hamilton is the better driver. He is a World Champion. Russell is likely to never win a world championship.

Russell becomes the focus of the team after Hamilton leaves. Unless of course they recruit a new driver who is more likely to be WC grade.

Good on Lewis, it’s true, every driver wants to (see out their career) by having a stint at Ferrari. The Tifosi hero worshipping you (or burning effigies of you if you get it wrong!) must be an amazing experience.

I don’t really watch F1 any more, and with the move this year to ‘Visa Cash App RB Formula One Team’ and ‘Stake F1 Team kick Sauber’ it’s getting more ridiculous by the second…

Roll on Le Mans is all I can say… and I’ll see you there Lewis in a few years when you want to get this race off your bucket list too.

Russell is good enough to win Grands Prix ,and I think that much has bene obvious since his Williams debut. With the right car he will be a contender I think. Word on the street is that Lewis 's replacement will be Mercedes young driver Kimi Antonelli, who will be in F2 this year .

Kimi Antonelli could be the next Oscar Piastri, and a good year in his first F2 season this year, having avoided doing F3, could end with Toto taking a worthwhile punt on young talent for the future.

Sorry, John, I posted my reply before I saw what you said, but we at least agree :+1: :wink:

Who would want a driver signed up by Ferrari strolling around your garage and sniffing around the wind tunnel results and next year’s development chassis - for another 9 months!
He’s already dumped on Mercedes from a great height by quitting at the last possible moment, after all the other drivers have signed new contracts. Accidentally of course.

What, Huggie Bear?

Who uses such language these days?