Lidl oil transfer pump

Just changed the diff oil (in my other car) using a cheap oil transfer pump from Lidl. I usually use a one pint syringe thing.

What a revelation! Last time I changed the gearbox oil on the mx5 I could taste the fluid for days afterwards, with this pump, I didn’t even get oil on my hands. Only a few quid and money well spent.

3 Likes

Is that something that can be picked up at Lidl at the moment or have you had it some time?

Probably luck of the drawer down the midl of Lidl :grin:

It’s called “ultimate speed oil pump” loads of places sell them.

Lidl sell them between £10-£15 during their sale but they sell out quick.

1 Like

Had mine a while, bought on impulse and then ignored for months. Did see them again about three weeks ago in “The Man Aisle” as we call it. The Middle of Lidl to everyone else…

1 Like

The aisle of dreams…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EBTOOLS-Transfer-Electric-Extractor-Motorcycle/dp/B08QVQVHN3/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=oil+suction+pump&qid=1615110810&sr=8-4

£6, no need to chance it in Lidl/ Aldi (shops, before the plague, I avoided like the plague), free delivery.

1 Like

Is that the same pump or a different pump. I don’t think I’ve ever been into a Lidl, we have Aldi nearer so I wouldn’t mind the experience.

Edit… answered my own question by using Google. We use Ultimate Speed battery chargers at work and I’m happy with how they work so I think I’ll hold out for an Ultimate Speed branded pump.

1 Like

@Roadster_Robbie In stock at my local Lidl yesterday for £12.99

1 Like

Was near a Lidl on Thursday and considered going in but didn’t, wish I had now.

I got mine off Amazon under OUTBOARD - STERNDRIVE GEAR LUBE PUMP there are a few different ones.

Did the job a treat.

My ultimate speed pump stopped working. Most likely my fault as I had it hanging on the power cable as I was working off a mounted car battery, and it was too high for where I needed the pump.
I took it back to lidl (3 year warranty) and got my £9.99 back. I wish I had kept it and tried to fix it, but in a perverse way wanted to try returning something to Lidl as I had never tried this before. (It was no questions asked, easy refund.)

Any hoo… Has anyone got one of the Amazon clones for £10 and are they just as good? Ultimate Speed ones seem to be £20+ on eBay, but I suspect this is middle men buying and reselling Lidl stock for decent mark up.

I don’t really want to wait for them to appear in Lidl again as I don’t have a local store anymore so am not popping in on a weekly basis anymore.