Looking after my new car...!

Afternoon all

I am new to the forum and new to owning an MX 5, recently bought a new GT sport nav+ and would really like some “cradle to grave” advice on cleaning from washing through to waxing /polishing, at this stage by hand rather than machine. Very happy for this to be basic as I don’t offend easily and any tips (together with product recommendations) would be gratefully received.

Also, looking forward to being an active contributor of the site

Thanks in advance

Mark 

Mark,

Congrats.

Please avail yourself of the very informative " How not to watch your ND dissolve it’s bare-bottom Undercrackers as well.

They are not well protected, hence the reason why these excellent procedure threads exist.

sound advice which I wasn’t aware of, thank you very much, can anyone recommend people who will do this in the North Cotswolds or surrounding area?

I can’t recommend as I have no experience of these but you could try contacting PCM Workshop in Cheltenham, I am aware of a local member also looking at them for rustproofing. Details and location via this link

http://www.pcmworkshop.com/rustproofing/

(I had my own Mk3.75 Dinitrol treated by STP Motor Services in Malvern but am led to believe they no longer offer this treatment).

Some excellent videos on YouTube on the cleaning subject. Just put car detailing into the search engine and off you go. Basically avoid the local car wash. Throw away sponges and shamy leathers, and replace with lambswool wash mitts and luxurious micro fibre drying towels. 

Hello Q,
This is my first mx its a 2006 rht and i use it all year round which makes keeping it clean in winter months nearly impossible, Iam guessing a drive through car wash is a big no no and a actually enjoy washing the mx myself but dont always find time in the winter.
I have been using a sponge and shamy but will avoid this in the future after your advice !!
Cheers sb