Looking for a clean MK1 with some nice mods

Looking for a clean MK1, ideally with some nice mods- even up to Turbo or SC, ITBs or even swapped engine.

Crucially I’m looking for it to be clean and SOLID!

What’s available?

Thanks

Paul

what’s the budget?

Budget depends very much on the car. Obviously a broad spectrum from super clean mk1 on coilovers and a nice exhaust to a 13b engine swap track eater.
I wouldn’t pay £10k for the former, but might just for the latter.

It’s hard to quantify how much non-standard cars are worth, Mine is a rust-free early mk1 with a mk2 RS drivetrain swap running at 164bhp with the ME221, 6speed, 3.9 torsen, etc from the RS I haven’t a clue how much it’s worth (probably no where near what I have spent on it!)

Yes I agree. From what I’ve seen on the market prices vary widely. A lot to do with how motivated the seller actually is- and of course you never know what they actually sell for.

Your car sounds interesting. If you are interested in selling I’d be interested once you’ve thought about price etc.

Hi Carl. Any further with your thoughts on selling? I’ve just read in another thread that your car is tall person ready- which is even better! :joy:
Paul

HI, I need to get myself a test drive in a mk4 which might take a while during lockdown before I decide sorry. I have a build thread on Nutz if you’re interested on how to get the mk1 to fit taller drivers! https://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=322586&hl=

Hmm, that Nutz site tried a Webattack on my machine with JSCoinminer. Blocked by Norton.

crikey that’s not good, I use a Mac so maybe it’s immune to it! I had a thread on MIghty5’s but it’s a year out of date I’ll see if I can dig that up