Looking for a hardtop/advice on replacing soft top mk2

Hello,

I have a mk2 and have sadly put the rear window in on my soft top while putting my car cover on. I’m looking for a hardtop (ideally red) or advice on how easy it is to change the soft top from someone that’s done it themselves.

I’m living in plymouth but am more than happy to drive to collect for the right hardtop.

Appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Alex

what did you put the car cover on with a hammer and chisel …

If your thinking about re-skinning then there is a lot more involved but still doable for the home fettler, if your thinking about buying a good second skin already on the frame for a swap, than that is an easier option, look at a good MK 2.5 mohair on the frame, you write that it is a MK 2? if so also get the MK 2.5 rain rail as the MK 2 rain rail is the same as the MK 1’s and can be very brittle if not handled correct, and is a very important part of the whole system.
This is a complete walk through guide on swapping a skin and issues you could hit , but you would only need to follow the initial removal and refitting parts if going down the route of just swapping the whole frame ,skin and rail.
Put your hammer and chisel away in a locked draw ;0)
http://www.mazdamenders.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=7088
M-m

1 Like

Hahaha! Was just old and brittle but needed replacing as it was leaking.

That’s all very helpful, thank you! Will see if I can find it complete so I just have to swap it over instead of reskinning it.