Looking for Advice to Travel from Brighton to Silverstone for British Grand Prix

My brother and I are eager to attend the British Grand Prix at Silverstone for the first time, but we’re a bit unsure about the best way to get there from Brighton. Any advice on transportation options, including trains, buses, or carpooling, would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, if anyone has tips on accommodations near the circuit or must-see attractions in the area, we’d love to hear from you.

I have been looking for some information online for this trip and found a couple of good sources which I would like to share here. First one is about travelling to Silverstone for the British GP and the second one is about the hotels near Silverstone Circuit.

I would love to get more input from someone who has personal experience of attending the race and maybe staying in a hotel with an affordable budget near the circuit.

Thanks for your help in making our experience unforgettable!

Best regards,
Maximo

Go to the on-site museum while you’re there if it’s open.

1 Like

We have done day parking at Whittlebury Park, Whittlebury, Near Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 8QH. There is also weekend camping all within easy walk to the track.

1 Like

Make sure you have booked parking if you are going by car otherwise you’ll end up being parked somewhere near the Polish Border(unless you are lucky enough to have a friend in Silverstone village. Like I do…)

Get in early and if you are watching practice and qualifying , keep on the move and watch cars from different perspectives. Copse , Maggots/Becketts and Village are all recommended . You will not believe the entry speed to Copse -much ,much faster than it looks on TV.

Get a grandstand seat for race day.

Don’t neglect the F2 and F3 races - they have bigger fields and better racing than F1, and the current breed of N/A V6 F3 cars sound wonderful

Do your prep beforehand , and ensure you can tell team mates apart (from the flouro flash , usually on roll bar ) . First timers can get lost when it’s not on TV with someone telling you what is happening.

Watch (and listen) carefully enough, and you will learn far more about driver technique than in a year of telly .

Watch the whole field, not just the usual suspects at the front .

Ideally , go to a race meeting at Silverstone before the GP to get used to the place -make sure it is on the full GP circuit .

4 Likes

Thank you John for your detailed response with useful information.

Second going to orient yourself by attending another meeting on the GP circuit, it is useful to know exactly where you want to go when there are 100,000 other people milling all around you :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.