Looking for clear mk1 side lights/indicator units

I’m looking for both side lights/ indicator units that don’t have the orange plastic inside.
As far as I know they came on some eunos and miatas but don’t know if they ever came on UK cars.

Also looking for a good condition momo wheel, dont need the crash pad.

Search “de-tango mx5” - not done it myself, but was a popular mod previously.
I think Mazda-Mender has good article on his forum.

Looking to buy some for a friend in germany, according to them that wouldnt pass TÜV
I already have some, the one in the image is mine

I’m sure I remember seeing clear units on MX5Parts website, but not a straight switchover from old to new; I think involves a bit of wire cutting/splicing… worth a look though. Might even be IL Motorsport product and available in Germany?

Yeah saw them, theyre fully clear though, they want the pattern thats on oem

almost like stripes?

Eunos Roadster housings identical to EU spec. US spec didn’t have side light fittings.

Sidelights housings with the mouldings, side light bulb fittings but without the indicator insert do not exist. Your friend will need to DIY.

I “de-tangoed” my side/Indicator units by following a thread I found on YouTube. It involved gently heating in the oven to soften the sticky gundge and then levering the parts open.

HEALTH WARNING. Do this only when SWMBO is out and about.

I later replaced them with the US spec ones from MX5PARTS as I wanted (and did) fit switchback side/Indicator bulbs so I could have Bright side lights.

2 Likes

I know this is an old post , but i have only just had it pointed out to me,but this should help anyone thinking of doing this or swapping them around including lighting up the bumper reflectors …
http://www.mazdamenders.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6580
M-m

1 Like