Looking for court approved expert on heater & cooling systems inc the metallurgy of water pumps

As title. In Blackpool would be great, but as I expect to win I guess the defendant will be asked to also pay travel costs and time.

Contact the Institute of Mechanical Engineers Automobile Division. The courts usually accept a Fellow of the Institute with the right experience as an expert witness. However an expert metallurgist is unlikely to be an expert on cooling systems so you need to define exactly what you are looking for.

That sounds expensive and a small claims court might consider it excessive.

An engineering expert accepted by a court would certainly need to be chartered if not a fellow of the ImechE and the cost will be outside the realm of a small claims court. I would expect to be paid at least ÂŁ1,000 per day plus expenses

1 Like

I don’t think you will find someone per say.
From experience, court experts are qualified people in the experience of the subject matter.
The prosecution or indeed the defence would use someone that has been “recognised” in there expertise within the court system.
As an example a Police Officer is considered an expert on speeding whether they have a clue or not!
It would be up to the defence or indeed the prosecution to believe or discredit the expert.
Clearly the more “experience” the more credible the witness.
Just my opinion from the system.
Also from my experience the only people that gain are the defence/solicitors/experts at a great cost to the individual normally.
None of my business what the case is, BUT I would think long and hard and try and come to a compromise.
I see you expect to win… but if you are taking on a company or individual with deep pockets, think hard first.
Life is too short.
Just an opinion. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Might get more attention if this was posted to General Chat. Only members of the MX5 Owners Club can see this thread. Any links to this thread won’t work for non-members.

Admin can you please move this to General Chat?

Seller has significantly increased his offer, which I’ll accept tomorrow.

Still need to sort out my local garage, but at least I can now have the remote garage get on with the work so I can get the car back.

The moral is that if your NA or NB heater is lukewarm, and you don’t know when your water pump was last changed, make sure every avenue is pursued to fix the heater, including inspecting the water pump if other things don’t fix it. And if your garage tells you they’ve fixed your heater, test drive the car locally before you believe them.

You always change the water pump with the cambelt.

Glad all sorted.

Yes. It would be complete madness not to do both at the same time. But some people do. I’ll be able to say more when all the legal aspects of this are dealt with.