Loom on transmission tunnel

I have an 07 plate MX5 and when I removed the transmission tunnel trim panel that contains the cup holder etc the main loom from front to back runs down there. There is a branch off it which has a multi connector with 6 wires going to it but not connected to anything. What does that control in other cars? Is it the folding hardtop if fitted and could it be used as a supply for a socket for charger, sat nav or other things?

Do you have a 2 litre with DSC ?
If not (1.8litre?), then that might be the possibility. The DSC has a Yaw control module “Combined Sensor”, mounted along the centre line of the car and at the back of that cavity, connected about there with these six wires .
A. Red,
B. Yel/Red (coax)
C. Wht/Red
D. Yel/Blk
E. Blk/Wht (12V on from Ignition relay via 15A Engine Fuse - pop that and the car stops!)
F. Blu (coax)
You will need to find 0V from the nearby G15 ground point, where the screens from the leads to B and F are connected via a Blk wire. Put a much smaller quick-blow in-line fuse in your new wire when/if you steal power from the Engine fuse!

It is a 1.8 litre but I dont know what DSC is.

If you don’t know, it is probably because the car does not have it! Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) is fitted to 2litre cars which also have LSD (Limited Slip Differential).

Cars with it will also have this button just by the driver’s left knee. It lights up to warn you if you’ve switched it off. I expect you have a blanking plug or another accessory (I have seen some 1.8 owners fitted a USB hole to power a phone).