Lowered Drivers seat

After 3 months of them sitting in a box, I finally got round to fitting the Jass Performance 2.5" lowering brackets to my car this weekend. Having watched the video by Dom at Car Thought and how he struggled to get the rails off the seat, I was expecting this to be a real ball ache of a job. Fortunately for me I had no issues getting the rails off or modding them!

Super pleased with the result! I can now fit in the car with a crash helmet on and the roof up :grin:

Driving position is really nice. Feels more like a bucket seat now. And my seatbelt no longer sticks on rewind! Go figure?

Drifting day at Drift Limits booked for March 14th

Then new set of boots and trackdays to follow - yay!

2 Likes

Nice work! Good to see it doesn’t have to be a major job.

Keen to do this too but not sure whether to go for the 1” or 2.5” option. With the extra ‘rake’ that comes with the 2.5” drop is it much more difficult to get in/out of the seat?

Be interested to hear whether you think in your case 1” would have been enough, or if you’re going to do it it’s worth going as low as possible.

Well I’m exactly 6ft and with the 2.5" drop I only JUST clear the bar above my head so pretty sure the 1" would not have lowered it enough for me.

I’ve already lowered the car by about 40mm with coilovers so getting in and out of the car is already a pain :rofl:

I have needed to buy a lunber support cushion now though to support my lower back as I have a slipped disc and the new angle niggles me. That’s a trade off I’ll just have to live with. At the end of the day this is a trackday car I am building and not my daily drive so a lot of the creature compforts are being replaced for a more track focused car…

1 Like

Nice work, I fitted the 2" drop brackets to my old mk3.5 but it made the rake a bit too much for me on the road. So I just spaced the back bolts up by about 1/2" with thick washers & some new high tensile bolts - made for a nicer driving position and still 1.5" lower than stock.

1 Like

Thanks for the insights folks! 2.5” (with the ability to space up) definitely seems like the way to go.

I’m going to spend a little bit of time investigating the reversible ‘GordyM’ seat base mod before drilling/chopping the rails but suspect the Jass brackets will be the best solution so great to hear some direct experience.

1 Like

I have the same problem. With helmet on, I’m touching the roof.
Is this a Mk3 with heated seats? Any problems with the electrics at all? Did you need a saw to trim the rails?

Mine have heated seats and no issue there - they still work :slight_smile:

Yes, you have to cut the rails. Instructions aren’t great - took a few attempts to work out what each faded photo was referring to. You’ll need an angle grinder!

1 Like