Lowered my ND and

1. My model of MX-5 is: ND 2016 2.0L
  2. I’m based near: Horsham, W.Sussex

…I love it! Best decision ever. I bought a set of Eibach Pro Sport springs from MX5Parts and took the car to the excellent folks at The MX5 Restorer for fitting, geometry and an underside inspection.

The ride has improved a huge amount, it feels tighter, more controlled and “stuck” to the road. Cornering in it is a delight, and although it was good before the change, I am really enjoying the reduced body roll and go-kart like handling.

I can also agree with what others have said - the ride is still comfortable, speed bumps are fine (taken at a sensible speed, obviously) and the drop isn’t enough to make the car feel perilously low. It’s just got better.

Before: (apologies for the dark image, the weather was dull when I dropped it off):

After:

9 Likes

Nice one! I had my ND lowered (standard mazda lowering springs) and geometry set by Paul Roddison. Loving it - no loss of ride comfort, just a better look, and more responsive turn in in corners.

Hope you have many happy miles in your newly lowered ND. Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks! Good to hear you’ve had a similar positive experience and the car is giving you even more reason to smile. Mine certainly is :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did mine a few months ago, I agree with what you said… other than a few potholes we have locally it’s generally great. I also think it brings the front inline with the rear height which makes it look better imho.

2 Likes

Have you driven it in the dark yet to see the effect on your headlight beam?
Mine went really low after lowering the car which was a surprise on the first night drive!

1 Like

When Paul Roddison fitted my lowering springs, he re-aligned the headlights. Although they are a bit lower, its not a dramatic difference compared to pre-lowering.

1 Like

I tried the resetting method by connecting the pins on the obd but couldnt get it to reset. I was at the garage yesterday and asked my mechanic to have a go, he got the lights to move but he couldnt adjust them electronically so he has manually adjusted them.

Not driven in the dark yet but hopefully it will be better now!

1 Like

I have - it seemed ok, but I’ll check again. I could see where I was going at least, so that’s a start

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like