Lowered springs fitting costs

Hi all,

Just needing some advice on the usual fitting of lowering the suspension on my 5. Done the usual and replaced the 16” alloys for 17” sportech alloys and now have the 4x4 look!

I’m thinking of buying the eibach 30mm spring to sort the problem but was wondering how much people have paid to have them fitted to their car if anyone has been in a usual situation.

Not really up to the challenge myself to fit the springs.

Any advice welcome.

NikC

It cost me £200 to have pre-built coil-overs fitted and an alignment.

Cost me £40, took just over an hour.

Wow that is cheap? Who did you use to fit the springs?

The mechanic that’s looked after all my cars for years. He fitted a set of MeisterR’s this year for me, again, £40.

If you are fitting lowering springs then you should have the suspension geometry reset which will cost you about £200 [Edit - That is with the springs supplied by yourself]. If you are anywhere near Roddisons Motorsport in Sheffield I would get them to do it otherwise get the Wheels-in-Motion figures for “Fast Road” settings and get them or someone with a four wheel alignment system to do it.

Changing from 16 to 17in wheels should not have changed the ride height by enough to make it look like a 4x4. Did you do any other work at the same time?

1 Like

Wheels in motion charged me £405 last December.

They supplied the eibach springs, fitting and 4 wheel alignment to fast road. All done in 3 hours.

Well pleased with the outcome.

2 Likes

Personally, when spending 200-300 quid for fitment and alignment I would certainly also invest in a set of better dampers. It doesn’t need to cost a new set of MeisterR’s. You can also opt for those Eibach springs with after market Koni or Bilstein dampers. Or if you want a cheap upgrade, facelift NC optional Bilsteins second hand.

I have a full set of Bilstein dampers, that have only done 35 thousand miles if anyone wants them.
collect only, no charge.
Ancaster, Lincolnshire, (between Grantham and Sleaford)

Sounds like an absolute bargain for the topicstarter :slight_smile:

It all depends on how far away he is from me I guess!

That’s true. If he wants them shipped maybe he is prepared to pay a bit besides the cost of shipping for any trouble. If you would find that ok and if he wants it etc but he has to figure that out :stuck_out_tongue:

I should point out that they are the factory-fitted Bilstein’s that came with 2l sport tech.
I’ve been told that they are not proper Bilsteins. but I don’t know about that.
he will have to collect tho as I don’t do internet banking so he wouldn’t be able to send me the money for shipping.

Wheels in motion charged me £420. In August 20 to fit the eibach springs, and 4 wheel alignment to fast road. It all took around an hour and a half while I waited.

Ah right. I have researched some things on the internet and concluded that Eibach + facelift Bilsteins might not be as good as B12’s from Bilstein but the facelift Bilsteins should be a slight upgrade to the stock dampers. So I concluded optional Bilsteins + Eibach = poor mans improved suspension. If I hadn’t found a nice second hand set of B12’s I would have probably gone down that road. Not many experiences on the net with that combo but it must at least be better than Eibach + stock dampers. From what I gathered, pre-facelift Bilsteins aren’t worth the trouble.

the Bilstiens I have are off an nc2 / first face lift!
so i guess that means there not so bad then?

Hi, sorry been off the grid for a few days. How much are the bilsteins? I’m in York so would have to pay for postage.

NikC

He could still pay the money into your account even if you don’t do Internet banking…

nothing, just come and collect them, free to a good home!