Lowering springs advice

Hello I am new to mx5’s.

Ive recently taken ownership of the least loved NC. Im not sure what all the hate is about apart from the ride hight!

Im not looking to set the car up for track days as its my daily. I do however want the ride hight adjusted and lowering springs seem to be the far cheaper option over coil overs.

Can anyone share there experiences? And which springs to go for? As I am on Cornish road’s I don’t want to worry about bottoming out so I think the 30/25 springs may be the right choice. I dare not go for the 40mm! 35? Decisions decisions! Advice and opinions please many thanks.

I agree they need lowering, I went for meisters which I think
were set for a 30mm drop and had no problems with clearance.

3 Likes

I bought these mate - Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs E10-55-010-05-22 for Mazda MX-5

3 Likes

I went with these to keep the rolling project spend down Eibach 30mm Sports Springs Set, MX5 Mk3

But will probably go for Coilovers at some point

Before

After

Ride is good and lower ride is ok except for the really mean speed humps

3 Likes

Thank you this looks great.

How are you finding the ND overall?

It’s an NC mate, 25th Anniversary Edition. Love it, not fast, but plenty of fun :+1:t2:

Looks really nice. I find my self not needing to go to fast anyway as B roads it feels much faster than you are actually going. :joy:

Ive just ordered the springs, now to tell the insurance. Im with adrian flux so hopefully no issues there.

Will be happy to finally get those arches sorted!

Honestly I would’ve checked with insurance then ordered the springs :smiley:

My renewal is up in September. If they wont cover them with a policy now ill wait till then to fit them. Ive always had good experiences with adrian flux.

1 Like

Hi.
Hopefully there wont be any issues with ourselves with insurance.
Regards,
Dan.

2 Likes

Ive been in touch already and no charge for the springs. Happy days. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Springs have gone in and all is well. Much improved handling in every way. Ride is good and it feels a lot more planted. Geo was done after fitting how ever I was under the impression they needed time to settle? If so how long should I wait to get it done? Ill be getting four new tyres so I want to make sure its spot on before they go on.

Are the Eibach springs for sale on MX5 PARTS the same as the ones Mazda supply?

Eibach Pro Sport Spring Kit, MX5 Mk4 (mx5parts.co.uk)

I remember some discussion previously on this though it may have been for the NC and I think the conclusion was they are the same springs though with a different coloured coating ( Mazda supplied ones being blue I think ). Of course that could be complete nonsense…

1 Like

Thanks Ian, they are about 2/3 of the price so I am just a little skeptical.