Ludlow Spring Festival Sunday 9th May 2010

A “bangers, beer, bread and classic car” event at historic and beautiful Ludlow, Shropshire (see www.thespringevent.co.uk)

The Northampton Area is leaving from Sixfields Cinema car park at 08.00 hrs and meeting up with more westerly groups at Hopwood Service Area on the M42 (Junc2) at 09.15 hrs, leaving there at 09.45 hrs.  We expect to arrive in Ludlow via the A4117 c. 11.00 hrs.

The organisers have promised to provide the MX5OC with our own dedicated parking area, about which I shall post more details in due course.

All are welcome {#emotions_dlg.bigsmile}

Ken Stanbury.  Northampton Area Joint Coordinator

it’s in my diary. hope its a nice day but its just down the road for me.

It’s a must-do event.
Only 17 miles away and a perfect setting for everything that’ll be going on in the picturesque historic town.
My car will, hopefully, be stashed in some free parking and then i shall enjoy everyone else’s motors.

Great news !  The organisers have agreed to give the MX5OC exclusive parking at the Brewery  :o))

Hi  I hope to be attending but will be coming from Dudley so will probably go by Bridgenorth What time do we need to be in Ludlow to park up? Also does any one want to meet up with us on the way in.

Ron

The Brewery Car Park will be available from 10.00 hrs; address is The Ludlow Brewery, 105 Corve Street, Ludlow SY8 1DJ.

The Northampton group will be arriving at c. 11.00 hrs

Ken

Hi all

I plan on being there and I know Ludlow quite well. Not so bothered about Bangers, Beer and bread, but classic cars and a chance to meet some other club members. SORTED. Hope to see you all there.

I will be going and I have managed to drag a mate as well any idea how long it will take from Blackpool any one

Cheers Alan

hi Ken

is the car park open to non Northampton members? if so is it a ticket from you or buy one at the gate etc? i ask because sometimes at that time of a festival day it’s a car park about 1/2 mile further out.

Not sure what i’ll say will help but didn’t spot a gate at the entrance but i was only half noting the layout incase anyone wanted pointers as to where it is as well as looking at a map/sat nav etc.

I’ve never been to the brewery, so cannot advise about a gate.  It is, however, available to all MX5OC members and they have asked for a £1 or £2 per car voluntary donation to their pet charity “Save the Children”.  That’s very reasonable considering the security, togetherness, proximity to the castle and good cause.  I’m not sure how we can manage to collect though, unless I spend all day on the gate :o(   Suggestions welcomed !!